Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies. Delicious Washington-state Bings & Rainier cherries. Only in season for a couple months! Find Deals on Cherry Almond Shortbread in Hands & Nails on Amazon.
Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies – Grab a hot beverage and curl up on the couch with these beautiful, buttery, and flavorful holiday cookies that are so easy to make! When it comes to cookies, all things shortbread are my biggest weakness. Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies Recipe + Larger Image. You can cook Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies
- You need 6 ounces of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) at room temperature.
- It’s 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of marachino cherry juice.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 15 of marachino cherries, chopped.
- It’s of For Topping.
- It’s 1 cup of salted almonds, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water (egg ewash).
- You need of For Drizzle.
- You need 4 ounces of white chocolaye, melted.
- Prepare 3 of punces milk chovolate, melted.
With their red and white candy cane coloring, these cherry almond flavored cookies are perfect for the holiday season. They are a colorful addition to any cookie tray for your holiday gatherings. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment ppaper.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add extracts and cherry juice and beat in.
- Add flour and salt, when just blended add chopped cherries.
- Combine tne chopped almonds wíth the granulated sugar on a plate.
- Roll cookies into I inch balls.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Roll in almond sugar and place on prepared pan flatten tops with the alm of your hand. Bake 12 to 18 minutes. Cool on rcks.
- When cool drizzle with white cgocolate.
- Then milk chocolate, allow to set.
Cream butter; add brown sugar and beat well. Gradually stir in flour, then the cherries and almonds. Spray the parchment with more cooking spray. Beat butter and sugar together until pale. Stir in ground almonds, then glace cherries, chopped.