Homemade Apple Sauce. Nothing beats the taste of homemade applesauce, and it's so easy to make! Every year, starting in mid summer with the Gravensteins, and through late fall with Granny Smiths. Enjoy as a snack, dessert, or alongside savory dishes.
This apple sauce recipe is the easiest and most delicious treat you can make to have as a snack, condiment, or an ingredient for other meals. Things might get pretty simple sometimes but sometimes that's just what a person needs. I hope you like my homemade. You can cook Homemade Apple Sauce using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Apple Sauce
- It’s 4-7 of tart apples.
- Prepare 1 c of water.
- Prepare 1/2 c of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick (or 1/2 – 1 tsp ground cinnamon).
- You need 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Just peel, chop, and boil (or crockpot) your choice of apples until tender & delicious! Watch how to make homemade applesauce in this short recipe video. You won't believe how tasty freshly made applesauce can be! This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links.
Homemade Apple Sauce instructions
- Wash and peel skin from apples, and dice into small chunks..
- Place apple chunks into sauce pan, add water..
- Add spices and sugar, and stir together. *Spice and sugar amounts are approximate and to taste..
- Place cinnamon stick in center of apples. (If using ground cinnamon, mix in with other spices)..
- Bring to simmer, and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, for approximately 30 minutes, or until apples soften. Your house will smell delicious!.
- When apples have softened (you want them mushy), remove cinnamon stick and drain excess liquid off. This makes excellent cider if you want to save it!.
- Mash your apples! Use a fork or potato masher if you like it chunky, or use a blender if you like it smooth. Done!.
- Apple sauce is great warm (we love ours with a dollop of whipped cream) or chilled. Delicious warm as a topping for ice cream!.
This homemade applesauce is ridiculously easy to make, it's the easiest recipe ever! You can use applesauce to make sweet or savory recipes and ever you can eat it like a. This homemade applesauce recipe starts with apples fresh from the backyard orchard or farmers market and results in a flavor-packed sauce. Add some more water if you think its necessary. Homemade Applesauce is easily made using your favorite apples and it tastes so much better than store bought.