Vanilla Chip Layer Cake with Cherry Curd Filling. Cake Filling For Vanilla Cake Recipes. Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Curd FillingThe Spruce. Chocolate Layer Cake with Cookies and Cream FillingRestless Chipotle. flour, salt, buttermilk, baking soda, confectioner's sugar, unsalted butter and.
Confession – the main reason I made this vanilla layer cake is to use the red cake stand I bought at Target. Sometimes I buy really cool props but then never use them. A showstopping tequila-soaked vanilla cake with sweet mango curd filling. You can have Vanilla Chip Layer Cake with Cherry Curd Filling using 24 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Chip Layer Cake with Cherry Curd Filling
- Prepare of FOR CAKE.
- It’s 3 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 2/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk, I used whole milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of MINI semi sweet chocolate chips the larger chips will sink in the pan.
- It’s of CHERRY CURD FILLING.
- It’s 1 of recipe Cherry Curd, recipe attached in step #7.
- You need of CHERRY WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, cold.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cherry curd, reserved from above recipe, chilled.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pure cherry extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare of drops of red food color.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- It’s of fresh bing cherries.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark chocolate shavings.
- You need 2 tbsp of red sprinkles.
You can break up the components to make assembly easier. Set in a larger bowl partially filled with ice water and stir to cool quickly. Remove from water and cover with plastic wrap. Cherry Chip Cake with Fluffy Frosting – Taste and Tell.
Vanilla Chip Layer Cake with Cherry Curd Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 – 8 inch baking pans with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until creamy about 2 minutes Add flour and milk and stir just until moist then add eggs and vanilla and beat just until combined, add mini chips and fold in.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake 15 to 23 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean.
- Cool on racks 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool completely.
- MAKE CHERRY WHIPPED CREAM.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form, beat in cherry curd, recipe attached below, vanilla abd cherry extract and sugar, beat until firm peaks. Add drops of red food color if you want it pinker https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366676-cherry-curd.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Put one layer of cake bottom up on serving plate.
- Cover with a layer of cold cherry curd.
- Place second cake layer, bottom side up.
- Cover with more cherry curd.
- Add third cake layer top side up.
- Frost entire cake with Cherry Whipped Cream.
- Garnish with fresh cherries, chocolate shavings and sprinkles. Chill cake at leat 1 to 2 hours before cutting to allow it to firm up.
A few weeks back at a baby shower, the conversation turned to foods that reminded us of our childhoods. This cherry chip cake, smothered in a fluffy whipped vanilla buttercream, is a delicious homemade version of the boxed cake mix favorite! Also, layer it between cake layers as a cherry cake filling. And spread it in a pre-baked crust as a cherry pie filling or use it on your favorite desserts Remember my Classic Vanilla Pound Cake with Blueberry Filling and Strawberry Filling. You can also use a good cherry filling exactly the same way.