Cherry Cornbread. Break cornbread into medium-fine pieces by hand in the pan it was baked in; add cherries and pecans; set aside. Inspired by the sweet juicy cherries I found at the Farmers Market, the texture and sweetness are just perfect. These muffins were good warm, shortly out of the oven, but are even better the next day.
Let cool completely in pan before cutting into squares for serving. Cornbread breakfast casserole. jiffy cornbread mix, eggs, jimmy dean sausage, shredded cheddar cheese jonnyrskinner. Even if you can't attend the festival, you can make your own at-home celebration of all things cornbread-ian with this easy cornbread recipe that tastes great served fresh from the oven, topped with a pat of. You can have Cherry Cornbread using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cherry Cornbread
- Prepare 1 box of jiffy cornbread mix.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- It’s 2/3 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 can of cherry pie filling.
- It’s of Desert.
- You need 1 of Mint Sprigs (optional).
To make this Sour Cherry Chia Jam Cornbread I used corn flour and corn grits – polenta. I enriched the mixture with cottage cheese and Greek yogurt which gave the cornbread a wonderfully moist texture but also a huge protein boost. My mother-in-law once told me the story how her grandma used to put plum jam on top of cornbread. Apple, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad.
Cherry Cornbread instructions
- Mix Jiffy according to directions using all ingredients except pie filling.
- Preheat oven to 375. After mixing cornbread pour into greased baking pan and place in oven for 10 min..
- Carefully remove unfinished cornbread and pour pie filling down center of cornbread about half the can..
- Return to oven and finish baking another 20 min remove from oven. Let cool and serve with ice cream, or coffee after dinner Enjoy.
Apple and Celery Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing Cherry Cornbread step by step. Mix Jiffy according to directions using all ingredients except pie filling. Carefully remove unfinished cornbread and pour pie filling down center of cornbread about half the can. Cornbread is a classic stuffing start, and the cubed french bread adds chunky pieces of bread to soak up all the flavors. Dried cherries and dried cranberries add just the right bit of sweetness and bright color.