Cherry Almond Cobbler Cake. Tips for making Cake Mix Cherry Cobbler: Use vanilla extract if you do not have almond extract. Half the butter, oats and cake mix. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream after cooling.
Pour melted butter evenly over top, covering as much cake mix as possible. I adore the combination of cherry and almond, so I created this recipe on that combination. Imagine juicy cherries scented with a splash of amaretto, topped with a crunchy almond crust. You can cook Cherry Almond Cobbler Cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cherry Almond Cobbler Cake
- Prepare 1 box of yellow cake mix.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 can of 15 oz cherry pie filling.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
I make this cherry cobbler when I'm asked to bring a dish to a party or event and the guests have no idea how little time it took me to make it. Shhhhhh…. it will be our little secret. 🙂 The cherries can be swapped out for any other fruit – peaches, blueberries, apples – and you can use a. If the filling is quite cool when you add the batter, it will take longer for the cake topping to bake. Fresh Cherry Cobbler "Sour cherries are a must!
Cherry Almond Cobbler Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl mix cake mix,eggs,oil,sour cream,extract together til well mixed..
- Spread half the batter on bottom of greased 9×13" cake pan..
- Melt butter and mix with flour and brown sugar. Add cinnamon as well..
- Next spread half the pie filling on top of batter. Sprinkle some of the brown sugar topping on top of pie filling..
- Spread other half batter on top of other stuff and repeat step 5.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 min. It will appear gooey. Test cake portion with toothpick for doneness after cooling..
- Get creative i ran out of sour cream so i used fat free milk instead bout half a cup. Too sweet? Omit the brown sugar steps and drizzle with icing on top of finshed baked cake instead. Have fun!.
I sprinkled sliced almonds over it before baking, topped it with powdered sugar, and served it with whipped cream. I used buttermilk and used all butter, no shortening." – ReneePaj. I searched this hoping to make my own cake mix since I didn't have a cake mix in the house. This delectable dessert is wonderful with or without ice cream. The Almond Glaze pulls the whole dessert together.