Soft Pork Rib With Chestnut In Dang Gui Sauce. If you are new to Chinese family-style cooking, the most basic ingredient you need to get is a good bottle of oyster sauce. Barbecue Pork Soft Bones is a dish of tender Soft Pork Ribs slowly baked and grilled in oven on a spicy sweet barbecue sauce. Most of the barbecue pork ribs recipe out there uses the hard rib parts but have you tried using the soft bones part of the ribs where it has more fat and collagen content?.
Once the pork ribs have achieved the desired tenderness, reduce the volume of the sauce until becoming a rich gravy. The gravy will coat the ribs to form a shiny and glossy sheen. Coat the ribs with the sauce and reduce the sauce further until it becomes syrupy. You can have Soft Pork Rib With Chestnut In Dang Gui Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soft Pork Rib With Chestnut In Dang Gui Sauce
- You need 800 grams of soft Pork rib.
- Prepare 40 of dried chestnut.
- You need 3 of star anise.
- It’s 5 of clove.
- You need 4 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar depending on your sweetness preferences.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 350 ml of water.
- It’s 8 slice of Dang Gui (Chinese Angelica).
- You need 10 of Keichi (Wolfberries).
Dang Gui is one of the most commonly used herbs in the Chinese herbal system. It is primarily known as a "women's herb," though many men consume it as well. Most famously and importantly, it known as a superior blood tonic, and that is one reason women use so much of it. Now add remaining salt, sugar and fish sauce.
Soft Pork Rib With Chestnut In Dang Gui Sauce step by step
- Presoak the dried chestnut with hot water then remove the excess skin.
- With oil sauté the star anise,clove with soft Pork Rib then add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add in the chestnut and dark soy sauce, light soy sauce and sugar and mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Transfer all ingredients to a pressure cooker then add in the DANG GUI AND KEICH (optional if you cannot find this ingredients) and cook on high for 30 minutes (if using normal pot then just simmer in Low heat for 1 hour).
- Soft Pork Rib With Chestnut In Dang Gui Sauce.
Pork is the most popular meat ingredients comparing with beef and lamb, cause Chinese people believe odd raw taste of pork is the lightest. Black pepper is another good partner of hoisin sauce. Mix hoisin sauce, water, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, gingerroot, corn syrup, marmalade, pie spice and pepper flakes in a bowl. Serve ribs with sauce and, if desired, rice and additional green onions. Pork chops are a tender, quick-cooking cut of meat — so quick-cooking, in fact, that they're very easy to overcook.