Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart.. Heat a frying pan over high heat, then add the bacon and fry until crisp. In a large stock pot sauté the fennel, onion and garlic with the olive oil, pepper and salt until soft, but not browned. Add the broth, the broccoli and brussels sprouts.
Meanwhile, bring another large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drain in a colander, then immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Once the Brussels sprouts are cold, drain well, and set aside. You can cook Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart. using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart.
- Prepare 200 grams of ready made shortcrust pastry.
- You need 7 of cooked brussels sprouts.
- Prepare 200 grams of cooked chicken.
- You need 100 grams of precooked chestnuts.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 150 ml of double cream.
- You need 150 ml of creme fraiche.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
In Europe, chestnuts are abundant in winter and I look for every opportunity to serve them, whether as part of a main dish (see my Celeriac and Chestnut Soup), side dish or dessert (like my Mont Blanc Chocolate Pavlova). Brussels sprouts happen to pair beautifully with chestnuts, and the recipe below is one which I have been making for nearly every year for a. Sautéed Brussels sprouts with curly kale, bacon and chestnuts Brussels sprouts might just be the most maligned vegetable of the vegetable kingdom. But with a little know-how, they're the.
Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart. step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out pastry on a floured board to about 3mm thick..
- Line an 8 inch flan dish with the pastry and place in the fridge for 15 mins.
- When chilled, fill with parchment paper and baking beans and cook for ten mins. Remove beans and paper after this time and cook for further 5 mins until dry..
- Leave to cool whilst preparing the filling..
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces, quarter the sprouts and separate the chestnuts…
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, yolk and cream lightly to mix. Add creme fraiche and season generously..
- Place chicken, chestnuts and sprouts in the case. Pour the egg mixture over the top..
- Return to the oven for 12 mins until the custard is set and golden in colour..
- Eat warm or cold. :-).
Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad with Chicken and Bacon. I don't know how else to title this other than this salad is amazing! Shaved Brussels sprouts are mixed with cubed chicken, crunchy bacon, salty parmesan cheese that all gets tossed in an asiago peppercorn dressing. Sprouts are often confined to the Christmas roast, but they needn't be. Try our Brussels sprout recipes that partner these tiny brassicas with bacon, cream or chestnuts.