Chestnut Rice. Chestnut rice or Kuri Gohan is a traditional Japanese fall rice recipe. This aromatic chestnut rice with black sesame and a pinch of salt is perfect for fall evenings. Every fall I am thankful for all the new.
You want moisture to penetrate the rice grains evenly, and thereby cook evenly; mixing in the chestnuts will prevent that. The chestnuts in this Chestnut Rice are a scrumptious addition to this classic side dish that not only add taste but texture as well! Chestnut Rice is one of the dishes introduced in Cooking Mama. You can cook Chestnut Rice using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chestnut Rice
- You need 400 ml of rice (I use Japanese rice).
- It’s 650 ml of low sodium chicken broth (or 650 water + 1 bouillon cube).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil (I use sunflower).
- You need 200 gr of peeled roasted chestnuts.
Known in Japan as kurigohan, this recipe consists of rice served with pieces of chestnut. Cook chestnuts – a Japanese way. Chestnuts give a nutty flavour to plain rice and I have an easy way to cook chestnuts that I must share! Be the first to review this recipe.
Chestnut Rice step by step
- Wash rice until the water runs clear. Combine all ingredients and pour inside a rice cooker..
- Press cook. Yes, as simple as that. Fluff the rice a bit before serving..
Kuri is the Japanese variety of chestnut. I sometimes say that the Polish manga market is alive thanks to all the yaoi fans that keep buying BL. So there's quite a lot of it in. This rice dish is so easy to make and pairs wonderful with the kalua pig. The chestnuts are steamed with the rice which adds tons of flavor to the rice and also maximizes the sweetness of the chestnuts.