Chicken Stew with Chestnuts and Potatoes in Slow Cooker. This easy chicken stew is cooked in the slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, onion soup mix, and tomato sauce. It's a simple combination of ingredients that is sure to please a hungry family. Just throw the ingredients together in the slow cooker and go about your day.
This is a very easy, tasty chicken dish I concocted when I was trying to think of a dish like pot roast yet using chicken Place chicken and garlic in slow cooker; add water, soup, pepper, salt, seasoning, apple, potatoes, onion and gravy mix. Chicken gives you a leaner option for this stew than using beef. Preparing it with a slow cooker gives you added convenience. You can cook Chicken Stew with Chestnuts and Potatoes in Slow Cooker using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Stew with Chestnuts and Potatoes in Slow Cooker
- It’s 500 gram of chicken pieces (or skinless, boneless breast).
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 3 of grated garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of peeled and roasted chestnuts (I used the ones sold in a package).
- Prepare 1 of potato, peeled and diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped scallion.
- It’s of Oil for coating the slow cooker.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
A slow cooker chicken stew recipe made with chicken thighs, potatoes and carrots, flavored with tomato sauce, green bell pepper and garlic for an easy main dish. Stir together tomato sauce and bouillon in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except black pepper; stir to combine. Peanut butter adds richness and depth to slow-cooker stew showcasing chicken, tomatoes and potatoes.
Chicken Stew with Chestnuts and Potatoes in Slow Cooker instructions
- Pour oil and spread inside the slow cooker..
- Mix chicken with salt, black pepper, garlic. Put inside the slow cooker..
- Add potato, scallion, chestnuts. Then add the broth..
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours..
- Use two forks to shred the chicken before serving..
In cooker, layer all ingredients, spooning peanut butter in dollops. How To Make Slow Cooker Chickpea Sweet Potato Stew. Some alternate ingredients if you want to make some swaps The stew is thick and creamy from deliciously melted sweet potatoes and full of hearty chickpeas. Cut in half the coriander and cinnamon and add chicken breast for extra protein! The flavors of this slow cooker Ethiopian chicken stew are BOLD, and this stew is very hearty.