Spicy and Savory Mock Meat with Water Chestnuts (Vegan). Loma Linda Mock Meat Spicy Pad Thai Ready Meal. Chunky mock meat made from soya protein with Konjac noodles and vegetables in a spicy sauce A great ready meal whether it's This vegan alternative to meat jerky is packed full of protein and dietary fibre and has the same texture as meat. There are lots of packaged vegan meats and meat substitutes in the market that you can buy but this guide is about using less processed foods to When you want that savory, meaty taste, that umami, mushrooms are the way to go.
Some vegetarians avoid mock meat and cheese recipes, while others swear by them. If you're in the latter category, or if you're just interested in trying some vegetarian and vegan versions of typical dishes, take a look at these mock meat and dairy recipes. Vegetarian meats (also called meat substitutes or mock meats) come in just about every type imaginable – from the common everyday veggie burger to the exotic haggis and jumbo shrimp. You can have Spicy and Savory Mock Meat with Water Chestnuts (Vegan) using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy and Savory Mock Meat with Water Chestnuts (Vegan)
- Prepare 1 cup of dried mock meat.
- Prepare 1 can of water chestnuts, remove the water (or 1 cup of fresh peeled water chestnuts).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of Crushed black pepper according to your liking.
- You need 2 of peppers, sliced thinly (remove the seeds if you prefer less spicy food).
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder (or garam masala).
- It’s 1/2 of medium-sized onion, peeled and sliced thinly.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 50 ml of water (I used water from water chestnuts' can).
Some vegetarians and vegans choose not to eat vegetarian meats for a number of reasons. Vegan meat — also called faux, fake, mock, meat analogs, or plant proteins — are products that mimic certain qualities of animal-based meat-like textures, flavor, or appearance, for example. They are made from a variety of ingredients such as soy, textured vegetable protein, or wheat gluten, to name a few. This spicy seitan gets it's red color from beets.
Spicy and Savory Mock Meat with Water Chestnuts (Vegan) step by step
- Steep mock meat in water for about 15 minutes. Squeeze dry, then steep again for 5 minutes. Squeeze the remaining water from the mock meat..
- Heat the wok with oil in it. Stir-fry the onion, then add the sliced peppers. Add the mock meat. Add the garlic. Stir from time to time..
- Add the water chestnuts and the rest of the ingredients. Lower the heat. Cover and wait for about 10 minutes..
The combination of spices in this recipe are similar to those you might find in pepperoni, giving this seitan a hearty, smoky flavour that is great in sandwiches, stir fries, and other savory dishes. Like my beefy beefless seitan, this seitan is meant to be a starting. Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts are a simple, classic appetizer and are always a fan favorite. Whole water chestnuts are marinated in a sweet and salty marinade made from soy sauce and brown sugar, wrapped in bacon and baked. A last minute coating of bbq sauce and a quick broil gives extra flavor.