Chinese Chicken Stew With Chestnuts. Retired Chef Cook Fai Lee, show you how to make this yummy sweet chicken stew with crunchy chestnuts. I can't help it; they are my most favorite thing in the world either for snacking or adding to sweet and savory dishes. Classic Chinese braised chicken with chestnut.
Chinese Braised Chicken with Chestnutsis a tradition Chinese recipe that is pure comfort food. I've been thinking of what dishes I'm going to make for my family, and this Chinese Braised Chicken with Chestnuts is a dish that's been on my mind recently. Pressure Cook Chinese Chicken Stew: Add in potato chunks. You can have Chinese Chicken Stew With Chestnuts using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Chicken Stew With Chestnuts
- Prepare 350 g of Chicken.
- Prepare of Marinade;.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 20 g of Ginger (chopped roughly).
- It’s of For Braising;.
- It’s 20 g of Ginger (chopped roughly).
- You need 20 g of Garlic (chopped roughly).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 100 g of Shitake Mushrooms (halved).
- You need 100 g of Roasted and Peeled Chestnuts.
- You need 1 cup of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 stalk of Spring Onions (chopped roughly).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar (or Honey/White Sugar).
- Prepare of Garnish;.
- It’s 1 stalk of Spring Onion (finely chopped).
Close the lid and turn Venting Knob to Sealing position. Pressure Cook at High Pressure for Your deliciously spicy Chinese Chicken Stew (Dapanji) is ready to be served! You can serve the Chinese Instant Pot Chicken Stew on a large tray. Add shiitake mushrooms, carrots, chestnuts, and reserved mushroom soaking liquid.
Chinese Chicken Stew With Chestnuts step by step
- Marinade the chicken in soy sauce, Ginger and oil for 30 minutes minimum..
- When ready, heat 3 Tbsp of oil until hot and fry the ginger and spring onions until fragrant. Then add the chicken and cook until brown all over..
- Then add the chicken stock, chestnuts, mushrooms, palm sugar and mix well. Cook them on medium to low heat and cover with a lid for 15 to 20 minutes. Check and stir the stew every 5 or 10 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, remove the lid and cover time to cook until the sauce has reduce to half it's original volume. Check the doneness of the chicken and the taste of the stew..
- Serve in a soup plate and garnish with spring onions..
- NOTE; if you are using dried chestnuts, you'll need to soak them overnight and then cook them the next day..
- Steam it for 20 to 30 minutes. Some people put sugar at the 20 minute mark; I don't think it's necessary but you can do it too..
Once the mixture has come to a boil, turn down to a low heat and cover with a lid. Allrecipes has has trusted Chinese chicken main dish recipes including moo goo gai pan, General An abundant amount of Thai basil and ginger make this chicken-stew like dish a heavenly spicy Some standard Chinese ingredients–water chestnuts, mushrooms, chow mein noodles, almonds. This easy Chicken Stew from Delish.com is savory comfort in a bowl. Looking for a hearty, healthy dinner? This chicken stew takes under an hour, but it tastes like it's been simmering on the stove for hours.