Leftover Duck San Choy Bau. San choy bau can be flavoured with Kecap manis (sweet soy), sweet chilli, plum sauce or hot chilli sauce. The san choy bau filling maybe prepared several hours ahead of time and refrigerated until required. This filling is also delicious in wontons or steamed dumplings.
To serve, place a couple of the lettuce leaves on to a plate and fill with the. Also known as San Choy Bow, it's arguably the ultimate "just happens to be healthy" food in the whole wide world …. The Chinese name for Lettuce Wraps is San Choy Bow which is how it's written in menus at Chinese restaurants here in Sydney, though the spelling varies widely from place to place. You can cook Leftover Duck San Choy Bau using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leftover Duck San Choy Bau
- You need 500 g of duck (breast, leg or both) finly chopped or shredded.
- It’s 1 of large carrot (sliced).
- You need 1 of brown onion (thinly sliced).
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves (diced).
- Prepare 1/2 of small capsicum (sliced).
- It’s 1 of small red chilli (optional).
- It’s of Spring onion (thinly chopped).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tin of water chestnuts.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1 of iceberg lettuce (nice and large, with leaves intact).
Australian Gourmet Traveller fast food recipe for duck and water chestnut sang choi bau. Heat oil in a wok over high heat and add the ginger, garlic and coriander. Stir-fry for a few seconds before adding the duck, drained shiitake and water chestnuts. Chicken San Choy Bau RecipeSo you won't have to opt for the Chinese take away!
Leftover Duck San Choy Bau instructions
- For this recipe, I would usually use leftover duck from a previous nights roast. Although, You can get some individual duck breast/legs if you don't have left over duck..
- If you are starting from scratch, pan fry your duck breast to instruction, or oven roast your whole duck..
- Prepare you lettuce. Do this by gently peeling of outside leaves making sure that you do not split the leaves + that they keep their shape. File down/trim the stalk on individual leaves if required. Once peeled off, rince thoroughly, pat dry and place in the fridge..
- Start by heating a little oil in you pan. On a low heat, cook your garlic and onions from 6 mins, or unill the onion is translucent..
- Turn the heat to medium, and add in the carrot and capiscum and cook for a further 5 minutes.stirrong constantly. If you want a bit of heat, now is the time to add you chilli..
- Check that your carrots are now be a little softer. Add duck and sauces. Stir through vigorously. Add additional soy/hoisin if required + based on taste preference. If using a low sodium soy/hoisin, adjust for salt..
- Cook, stirring constantly until duck heats up. Turn off flame and stir through your water chestnuts..
- To serve, spoon mixture into you lettuce cups and top with spring onion..
- Easy and delicious – and might also make you look a little fancy!.
Make use of your leftover chicken mince by transforming it to this meaty and veggie treat. This recipe could also make use of either chicken or pork mince, also chicken breast is a good option. Beef Fillet with Red Wine Jus. Leftover Roast Pork, Brie and Rocket Roll. Pork san choy bau. by tasterecipes.