Vegetarian Mushroom Carbonara. Making this vegetarian fettuccine carbonara couldn't be simpler! Cook pasta until al dente — Make sure to salt the pasta water generously before throwing in the pasta. Toss mushrooms with olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and garlic and season with salt, to taste.
Drain and return to the saucepan. It was amazing making this #Vegetarian #Carbonara with and #Spicy #Mushrooms Make sure to comment and let me know what you thought of this recipe and whether you tried it or not. Cool mushroom slices on baking sheet. You can have Vegetarian Mushroom Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Mushroom Carbonara
- Prepare 200 g of pasta.
- Prepare 60 g of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 150 g of chestnut mushrooms.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 10 g of parsley.
- Prepare to taste of salt and black pepper.
For the sauce, combine cashews, olive oil, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, milk, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and paprika in a blender or food processor. The mushrooms we used are the large flat brown mushrooms. But button mushrooms or sliced portobellini (also called cremini or baby bella) would also work great here. If you want to make this gluten-free, just use gluten-free spaghetti and there you have it!
Vegetarian Mushroom Carbonara step by step
- Cook the pasta and strain, but save a cup of cooking liquid. Let pasta rest while baking the mushrooms on medium heat in some oil for 5 minutes..
- Shred the cheese, and chop the garlic and parsley. Beat the eggs in a small bowl, and stir in about 20 grams of cheese, as well as the garlic and any amount of black pepper you'the like..
- Sprinkle some salt on your mushrooms and stir before adding to the pasta. Stir in the egg mixture and let it dry up before adding the cooking liquid and mixing it in well.
- Serve with chopped parsley and the rest of the cheese!.
You will love this vegan carbonara recipe! Put the mushrooms in a small bowl with the soy sauce, oil, paprika, garlic granules and ¼ tsp black pepper; stir to coat. Toss mushrooms and ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil once in pan to coat in oil. I know this recipe will highlight the divide between the people that are crazy about mushrooms like me and the people that just can not stand them. If this is you then I will have other recipes you can try your hand at I promise.