"Kid Friendly" Rumaki (no chicken livers). Great recipe for "Kid Friendly" Rumaki (no chicken livers). An appetizer my mother used to make when I was a child. They're traditionally made with chicken livers also but my children wouldn't touch those! haha) However, Still a Deviously Tasty Treat! #mycookbook #rumaki Rumaki appetizers are typically put together with marinated chicken livers, water chestnuts, and bacon.
I wouldn't eat a chicken liver (ugh! chicken filters) if you paid me but I make these for company and get rave reviews every time. I make half with and half without the livers to suit my own taste. Fasten bacon around liver with a toothpick. You can cook "Kid Friendly" Rumaki (no chicken livers) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Kid Friendly" Rumaki (no chicken livers)
- Prepare 1 pack of bacon.
- Prepare 1 can of water chestnuts.
- It’s 1 can of pineapple slices.
- It’s 2 cups of teriyaki sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of bbq sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need of Optional: green onion, brown sugar, garlic, honey, ect.
In a bowl or large plastic storage bag, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar and bourbon, if used. Add the prepared rumaki and cover the bowl or seal the bag. Arrange rumaki on a baking sheet with sides. Chicken livers and water chestnuts are marinated in a simple, savory sauce, then wrapped with bacon and fried.
"Kid Friendly" Rumaki (no chicken livers) step by step
- Drain water chestnuts and pineapples and place them in separate bowls. Cover and Coat Well with teriyaki sauce and a pinch of bbq sauce. Toss in Salt and Pepper. *(Optional: Add green onion, brown sugar, or any spices and seasonings desired to your marinade. Let soak overnight.).
- Preheat oven to 400°. Take your marinated water chestnuts and pineapples out of the refrigerator. Break the pineapple slices into quartered pieces. Cut your bacon slices in half..
- Wrap water chestnuts and pineapple quarters in the bacon half pieces, one at a time and secure in place with toothpicks. Place on baking sheet..
- Coat top with a layer of bbq sauce before baking. *(here you can also add to the top green onion, brown sugar, honey, ect.) Bake for 45 minutes or until bacon is cooked to desired level. Let cool. Enjoy!.
This traditional hot appetizer is always a crowd pleaser. Chicken livers and water chestnuts are marinated in a simple, savory sauce, then wrapped with bacon and fried.. Remove the livers and water chestnuts from the marinade and discard the marinade. Rumaki can also have a little duck or chicken liver wrapped up in it, too, but since these don't have any, I didn't want to confuse the issue by using a name that technically may not apply. Besides, as soon as people hear "bacon wrapped" it really doesn't matter what comes next!