Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken. Chicken simmered in a spicy sauce and finished off with crisp sautéed red peppers and crunchy It's an even better feeling when that meal is as delicious as this Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken! There's a teensy bit of work involved before and after everything goes into the crockpot – But trust. This tasty Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken dish is full of sauce, spice, heat, and zing… and totally delicious served over rice!!
Mix together Pineapple Preserves and Kung Pao Sauce. ? Add the chicken to the crock pot. Add in the chicken broth, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and hoisin sauce. You can have Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken
- You need 2.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 of diced zucchini.
- It’s 5 of diced red bell peppers.
- You need 1 cup of diced mushrooms (optional).
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded carrots (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 cans of water chestnuts.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- You need 1.5 cups of whole cashews.
- Prepare 2 tbl of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of powdered ginger.
- You need 3 tbl of veg. oil.
- Prepare 3 tbl of water?.
- You need 1 tbl of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbl of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbl of corn starch.
- You need 1 tbl of white vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbl of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of rice (brown or white).
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
I can hardly believe I made such delicious Kung Pao Chicken in my crockpot! Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken Recipe. Forget take out and have this Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli instead! I love recipes like this, because it actually tastes better than take-out, you can schedule it to be ready exactly when you want it, and *bonus* it's healthier!
Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken instructions
- Spray cooking spray in crockpot, add all ingredients except for flour and cashews. Stir, cover, and if you c an let marinate in crockpot an hour before turning on. Cook on low for 5 hours. Stir occasionally if you can.
- One hour before done cooking remove approx 1-2 cups of the broth and make slurry with flour. Pour back into dish and stir. Cover and continue to cook on low for last hour so it can thicken..
- Start to cook rice this last hour (4 cups boiling water to 2 cups white rice).
- Salt and pepper to taste then add cashews and mix in. Enjoy!.
Kung Pao chicken (Chinese: 宫保鸡丁; pinyin: Gōngbǎo jīdīng), also transcribed Gong Bao or Kung Po, is a spicy, stir-fried Chinese dish made with cubes of chicken, peanuts, vegetables. Kung Pao Chicken is a popular favorite stir-fried dish in Chinese takeout restaurants in North America. But did you also know that Gong Bao or Kung Po (宫保鸡丁) is also a classic Szechuan dish that everyone loves in China? My husband is a huge fan of anything spicy so it's one of the dishes he gets. Kung Pao Chicken is highly addictive stir-fried chicken with the perfect combination of salty, sweet and spicy flavour!