Dandelion Quiche. Make Your Weekend Better With Our Cheesy Quiche Recipes. Are you tired of the dandelion invading your backyard every spring? For thousands of years, people in China has utilize this herb to treat many inflammation and it is also a favored vegetable eaten in Europe.
Place the bowl in the fridge to remain ensure that. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and fill a bowl with ice water. When the water comes to a boil, salt generously and add the dandelion greens. You can cook Dandelion Quiche using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dandelion Quiche
- It’s 3 oz of freshly picked baby dandelion (or store-bought).
- It’s 2 of Pasture-raised organic eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped red onions.
- You need 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 2 Tsp of chopped sweet bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of sliced mushroom.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of minced ham (optional).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chestnuts (optional).
Blanch four minutes and transfer to the ice water. Drain, squeeze out excess water and. Look no further than a slice of dandelion quiche or sauteed dandelion greens with eggs with a drizzle of dandelion vinegar to shake up your breakfast routine! When dandelions are abundant in springtime make this infused dandelion vinegar!
Dandelion Quiche instructions
- Blanch washed dandelion in boiling water for 30sec and chill it in running cold water. Squeeze out excessive juice from the leaves to remove some bitter taste. Repeat 2 times. Finely chop dandelion and set aside..
- Heat up your cast iron wok/skillet on high heat until the wok is very hot. Add olive oil and turn down the heat to medium. Immediately saute onion in the wok for 1 minutes until the onion turn to translucent. Add garlic and all the other vegetables. Season it with salt and pepper..
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 2 eggs. It is a good idea to add 1 teaspoon of cooking wine (optioinal) and season the egg with a little bit salt..
- Transfer all sauteed vegetables into the egg bowl and mix them well. Set out two quiche dish and evenly distribute the mixture into these 2 quiche dish. Do not overfill the dish..
- Bake the quiche in the oven at 375F for 10-15 minutes until the egg is set. Then slice some of your favorite cheese and arrange them on top of the dish and bake another 10 minutes. Serve hot..
It has a subtle sweetness and bitterness combined and can be used to make a. Native to Eurasia, this humble member of the aster family has traveled far and wide. Believe it or not, the dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) was not always thought of as a weed. Cultures around the world thought of the dandelion as a "common herb" and have used every part of the plant as both nutritious food and powerful medicine. This is great news since vitamin K maintains the resilience of bones against osteoporosis and similar diseases that significantly reduce bone stability and strength.