Beef cheek stew (serve with mash!). A hearty beef stew made with carrots, onions and celery and served over a heaping bed of creamy mashed potatoes: it's basically Inexpensive chuck stew meat serves as the base, combined with your basic stew veggies and little more than chicken stock, tomato. Comforting, warming, simple and classic beef chuck recipes, including pot roast, Philly cheesesteak, and burgers. This slow cooker beef stew is made with Belgium beer and served over buttery egg noodles or mashed potatoes!
Hot roast beef bun served with fries & gravy. To serve, spoon the leeks and mash equally into the centre of each plate and press down to create a well. Ladle the beef stew into the well and serve immediately whilst hot. You can have Beef cheek stew (serve with mash!) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef cheek stew (serve with mash!)
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 bottle of red wine.
- It’s 700 g of beef cheek.
- It’s 1 stick of celery.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 2 punnets of chestnut mushrooms.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of anchovies.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare Stick of thyme.
- It’s of Plain flour.
- It’s 2 of onions.
- It’s 500 mL of chicken or beef stock.
- You need of Orange zest (quarter of an orange).
- You need of Potatoes.
Serve stew with bread and lime cheeks. Garnish Thai basil leaves, chilli and green spring onion tops. Adding the beef tendons to the stew is an optional extra to enrich the finished dish. You will need to order these from your butcher.
Beef cheek stew (serve with mash!) step by step
- Dust the cubed beef cheek with flour and Brown the meat in a frying pan.
- Put the meat to one side and add the chopped vegetables (carrot, onion, celery). While the veg softens finely slice the mushrooms..
- Add meat and stuff and veg to Stew pot. Meanwhile add mushrooms to frying pan and cook down. Add any liquid from the mushrooms to the stew pot for added flavour and to avoid steam mushrooms in their own juice..
- Add mushrooms to the stew pot. Deglaze pan with red wine, boil off the alcohol and add to the pot with stock, herbs, roughly cut garlic, seasoning, anchovies, orange zest and tomato paste..
- Cook on a low heat for three hours, tasting every hour. TIP: add in extra tomato-based and stock if a bitter taste emerges. Add small amount of vinegar if too sweet..
- Prepare mash 30 minutes before desired eating time.
You could omit them if unavailable. Try this classic Turkish main course recipe for beef stew and creamy eggplant with cheese the next time you want to impress your guests. Can you imagine anything more delicious than a succulent, melt-in-your-mouth beef stew served over a warm, creamy mash of eggplant and aged cheese? I love stews that cook forever in wine, creating incredible flavors and aromas. Savory beef and tasty potatoes are a classic pairing, and they're better than ever in this delicious recipe!