Mike's Spicy Korean Chicken Over Jasmine Rice. Spicy chicken n ginger over Jasmine rice. sokha chum. Chicken breast, gingers, garlic, jalapenos, n enjoy!!! On the season finale of Sean in the Wild, Sean Evans teams up with YouTube cooking legend Maangchi for a crash-course in one of the world's.
Serve the chicken on top of steamed rice, with some boiled vegetables such as broccoli and you have a complete and utterly delicious meal. This spicy Korean chicken recipe is quick and easy, made with gochujang, sriracha, soy sauce, spicy chili flakes and more. There Jerk Chicken drumsticks can be made in the oven or on the BBQ/grill. You can have Mike's Spicy Korean Chicken Over Jasmine Rice using 38 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Korean Chicken Over Jasmine Rice
- Prepare of ● For The Proteins.
- It’s 4 of LG Fresh Chicken Breasts [fat trimmed & brined].
- You need 1 Can of Chicken Broth [as needed for steaming].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil [for frying].
- It’s of ● For The Chicken Brine.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of Pepper Corns.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Powdered Ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need as needed of Water & Ice [enough to cover chicken].
- It’s of ● For The Fresh Vegetables [all de-seeded – julienned or sliced].
- Prepare 1/2 of LG White Onion.
- You need 1/2 of LG Red Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of LG Green Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of LG Red Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of LG Yellow Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of LG Orange Bell Pepper.
- You need 6 of LG Fresh Garlic Cloves [sliced].
- You need 2 of LG Jalapeños [sliced – deseeded].
- Prepare to taste of Baby Corn [optional].
- You need to taste of Water Chestnuts [[optional].
- You need of ● For The Green Herbs [added last to pan – 1/2 cup each].
- It’s Leaves of Fresh Thai Basil [optional].
- It’s Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare Leaves of Fresh Parsley.
- Prepare of ● For The Seasoning.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Gochujang Korean Hot Pepper Paste [or more].
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Minced Ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- You need 1/8 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of ● For The Garnishes [as needed].
- You need of Chives [for garnish].
- Prepare of Sesame Seeds [got garnish].
- You need of ● For The Sides.
- It’s as needed of White Jasmine Rice [as per manufacturers directions].
Served with classic Caribbean Rice and Beans. Super addictive and comforting, spicy Korean chicken stew recipe – Dak dori tang! Chunky chicken and potatoes are braised in spicy Korean sauce. It's so delicious and heart warming!
Mike's Spicy Korean Chicken Over Jasmine Rice instructions
- Rinse and trim your chicken breasts of any fat..
- Split your breasts in half and brine for 3 hours in ice cold water in fridge. Ideal temp is 38°..
- Cut brined chicken breasts into 1" cubes and place in heated pan. Fry for 10 minutes covered [you'll want your chicken moist] with chicken broth as needed. Or, until no pink juices flow once pierced..
- Add your Gochujang paste, ginger vinager, red pepper flakes and soy to pan. Add broth if needed. Mix well and fry for another 3 minutes covered. Gochujang is Koreas favorite pepper paste..
- Fully cooked and seasoned chicken pictured. Cover with wrap until needed to keep chicken moist..
- Your fresh vegetables needed pictured..
- Julienne and/or slice your vegetables. I'll usually pre-slice my vegetables and bag them for times sake..
- Fry all of your hard vegetables [reserve your leafy herbs] until just slightly limp. You'll want some crisp to them. Then add your leafy herbs and heat at the finish for 1 minute..
- Plate rice, then vegetables and chicken on top for service. Garnish with chives, cilantro and/or sesame seeds. Serve with soy sauce. Enjoy!.
It's a perfect main dish to serve with steamed rice. Served with chewy Korean rice cakes and baby bok choy, this is an extraordinarily flavorful and authentic meal. See more: Asian, Chicken, Hot and Spicy, Korean, Main, Rice/Grain. Spicy Korean Chicken. featured in Fried Chicken from Around the World. Dip a chicken wing into the cornstarch, shaking off excess, then dredge the wing into the batter, dripping off excess.