Mike's Spicy Thai Shrimp Ramen Noodles. These Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowls have tender shrimp, crisp veggies and spicy Sriracha! Fall is here and that would mean soup season is here too. As a kid I don't ever remember having Ramen noodles, I think I first had them after I got married.
Clockwise from top left: powder soup base, veggies and shrimp, 'soup booster. Having previously tried Maruchan Instant Lunch Ramen noodles, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I followed the cooking instructions and after removing I was old school, doing my little plastic encased bricks of Ramen noodles since I was a child, switching to these was like going to a gourmet meal in. You can have Mike's Spicy Thai Shrimp Ramen Noodles using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Thai Shrimp Ramen Noodles
- Prepare 2 lbs of Shrimp [pre-steamed – de-veined – de-shelled].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Thai Chilies [small chop or 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Thai Basil [chopped – packed – no substitutions – it makes the dish].
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Red Or White Onions [sliced thin – i use both].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cabbage [sliced thin].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Green Onions [1" angle chop].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Bean Sprouts [left whole].
- You need 1/3 Cup of Fresh Jalapeños [round slice].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh Ginger [minced].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Diakon Radishes [thin sliced].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Snap Peas [left whole].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Water Chestnuts [chopped].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Carrots [thin sliced or shaved].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Fresh Mushrooms [sliced].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh Eggplant [chopped – optional].
- Prepare 2 (14 oz) of Cans Low Sodium Vegetable Or Seafood Broth/Stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Quality Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice [heaping].
- It’s 2 (3 oz) of Bags Oriental Ramen Noodles [or 6 oz organic ramen noodles].
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of Garlic Siracha Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need to taste of Fresh Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil & 1 tbsp Wok Oil.
- You need dash of Sesame Seeds [garnish].
- Prepare of as needed Fresh Lime Wedges [for serving].
Deliciously spicy with hints of sweetness, these thai noodles are an amazing addition to your dinner table. For these noodles, you start out by taking a bit of red pepper and letting the heat infuse into toasted sesame oil. Stir in some sweetness and other flavorful goodness to the spicy sesame oil and toss it with tender noodles. Lastly, load it up with cilantro, shredded carrots, chopped peanuts, cilantro and.
Mike's Spicy Thai Shrimp Ramen Noodles instructions
- Slice, chop and seperate your more dense vegetables from your softer vegetables. Authors Note: Some vegetables listed above aren't pictured below. I have a few picky eaters here tonight..
- Bring your broth, Chinese 5 Spice and sliced green onions a boil. Authors Note: Go low sodium on your broth. Remember, you can always add more soy sauce [sodium] but it's darn near impossible to remove it..
- Use regular Ramen Noodles or organic Ramen Noodles. Maruchan Noodles are easier due to their flavor packets. Either way, they're sturdy noodles that will hold up, even upon re-heating..
- Add your noodles to the boiling pot. Boil for exactly 3 minutes..
- Drain your noodles but don't disgard your broth. Reserve it just in case some want a wet noodle soup. Feel free to add additional water if need be..
- Place your boiled noodles and flavor packets with green onions in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup broth, as well as your Fish, Sriracha, Soy and Hoisin sauces. Mix well with chopsticks and seal noodles up tightly. Allow your noodles to sweat and plump up in all of that delicious flavor for at least 10 minutes..
- Seal tightly..
- Add sesame and wok oil to a heated pan or Wok..
- Add your most dense vegetables [i.e., snap peas, water chestnuts, red/white onions, diakon radishes, carrots, jalapeños, etc.] to your heated pan. Fry vegetables on high for 3 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Add your least dense vegetables [i.e., cabbage, mushrooms, basil, cilantro and sprouts] to your pan and fry for 1 minute longer. You'll want some crisp to your cabbage so don't over fry..
- Add your pre-steamed shrimp and noodle mixture to your sizzling Wok. Mix well and fry for 1 minute longer covered. Add additional broth if needed or desired..
- 2 lbs pre-steamed, pre-shucked, de-veined shrimp..
- Know you can make this noodle dish on the dry or wet noodle side. [as in a soup] 1st picture below is a wet noodle soup. The bottom 2 pictures are considered dry, pan seared noodles. Serve noodles hot with sides of additional Soy, Siracha, Hoisin and Fish Sauce. Also, lime wedges and fresh Thai Basil. Garnish noodle dish with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!.
- These last 2 photos are of a dry, pan seared Thai noodle dishes..
This recipe yields two servings, but I've been known to treat it as a "ramen for one" sort of deal. I'm also a huge fan of For the chili sauce below, feel free to use garlic chili sauce, sambal oelek, or Sriracha. Start with a little, then keep adding until your ideal spiciness is. This spicy Thai vegan ramen is packed with Thai flavours and ramen noodles for a healthy and simple vegan soup recipe that is a crowd pleaser! Some Thai curry pastes will contain shrimp paste in them, so just make sure the one you get doesn't contain shrimp paste.