Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken. If you use Morton's or another kind, watch as they are more salty.) Tip: Be sure to lift the skin and apply salt underneath for best flavor. And if you have the time, arrange chicken drumsticks on a tray and chill in the refrigerator uncovered for a few hours. Garlic Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken And Potatoes is an easy and healthy recipe for the perfect dinner!
Mix spice blend ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. Mediterranean Baked Chicken Dinner – this is a midweek chicken dinner idea that's one of those "throw it all in a pan" recipes with high returns for minimal effort. With chicken, potatoes, onion and cherry tomatoes, you'll love how everything sucks up the tasty lemon garlic sauce in this sheet pan dinner! You can cook Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken
- You need 6-8 of chicken drumsticks or thighs (bone in, skin on).
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- You need 1.5 teaspoons of dry oregano.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoons of black pepper.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of coriander.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion, cut into wedges.
- It’s of Zest and juice of 1 lemon + 1 lemon cut into slices.
- It’s 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on all sides and place in a bowl or lidded container. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and thyme in a small bowl and pour marinade over chicken breasts. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Brush lemon juice mixture over chicken.
Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken instructions
- Pat chicken dry and season with kosher salt, be sure to season under the skin too. If you have the time, arrange the chicken on a tray or a shallow dish and chill in the fridge uncovered for a few hours or overnight (optional.).
- Place chicken in a large zip bag. In a small bowl, combine spices (oregano, black pepper, coriander, paprika, and cumin.) Add spices to the chicken in the bag..
- Add garlic, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil. Zip the bag shut. Toss chicken around and massage to make sure it is well coated in the marinade. Let chicken marinade for about 30 minutes, or if you have the time, refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag over halfway through..
- When ready, heat oven to 450 degrees F..
- Lightly oil a baking dish and arrange the chicken drumsticks and onion wedges. Pour over the marinade. Arrange lemon slices in between..
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and its juices run clear (internal temperature of chicken should register 165 degrees F using an instant read thermometer). If you like, broil for just a few minutes until skins are crispy to your liking..
- Serving suggestion – with herbed couscous mixed with peas, chopped carrots and sultanas..
Made with fresh lemons, herbs and garlic, this Easy Baked Lemon Chicken is a quick weeknight meal, but it's special enough for a dinner party. It will have you dreaming of the sun-drenched Mediterranean! This is a simple healthy baked lemon chicken recipe for chicken thighs or breasts, all made in one pan. These chicken drumsticks are loaded with Mediterranean flavors including lemon, garlic, oregano, and extra virgin olive oil. 👉 FULL RECIPE: http://bit.ly/TMD. Easy and delicious, this baked chicken thigh recipe is perfect for a last-minute weeknight meal.