Italian stuffed chicken breast. Bake Chicken In Spaghetti Sauce To Infuse Your Chicken Parmesan With Flavor. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Italian-inspired stuffed chicken breasts are loaded with plenty of cheese and seasonings and baked with spaghetti sauce for a crowd-pleasing meal.
Recently I made stuffed chicken breasts Italian style that are so yummy! And if you love Italian food, you're in for a treat since the The Cooking Housewives are sharing. Slice the chicken breasts lengthways without cutting completely in half. You can have Italian stuffed chicken breast using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed chicken breast
- Prepare 1 c of shredded Italian cheese.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of Italian style bread crumbs.
- You need 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 2 cups of marinara sauce.
- It’s of About 10 stalks kale.
- It’s 1/4 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
Divide the mozzarella, tomatoes and basil between each breast, stuffing into the opening; gently close and secure with cocktail sticks or wrap with bacon/proscuitto to secure the filling in place. This chicken dish is packed full of delicious Italian flavours. Chicken breasts are stuffed with tomatoes, basil, oregano, artichokes, peppers and mozzarella, before being baked in marinara sauce. Lift onto a greased baking tray.
Italian stuffed chicken breast instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Remove kale from stems and chop into small pieces. Cook kale & onion in the olive oil until tender, adding salt and pepper to taste. Let cool..
- Mix 3/4 cup of Italian cheese, basil, oregano and kale in a small bowl. Add bread crumbs to a plate. Add egg to another plate and stir in a tiny bit of water..
- Cut one side of chicken breast horizontally to within one half inch of other side. Spread the two sides open like a book. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound to flatten. Fill each chicken breast with kale/cheese mixture and close like a book over filling. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with egg. Press both sides of each chicken breast into bread crumbs so outside is completely coated. Arrange chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish..
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear, about 45 mins..
- Remove chicken from oven and pour marinara sauce over cooked chicken. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes..
- All done! Serve with pasta and garlic bread..
Season the top of the chicken, then overlap tomato slices over the top of each piece of chicken. Season, then scatter with the remaining herbs. A thick chicken breast gets coated in italian seasoning and stuffed to the brim with mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach. It takes no time at all before it is in the oven and on the dinner table for the family to devour. The chicken gets pan seared before it enters the oven.