Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Stuff ¼ of the cheese and the pepperoni slices into the pocket of each chicken breast. I tore some of the slices to make them fit better. Dip each chicken breast in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumb mixture.
Place chicken breasts on cookie sheet. Spray tops of chicken with cooking spray. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over chicken breasts. You can have Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- You need 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 8 oz of Provolone cheese.
- You need 30 of to 35 slices of pepperoni.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sriracha seasoning salt blend, plus more for seasoning chicken.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper, plus more for seasoning chicken.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of recipe of my Marinara Sauce recipe attached in step #10, or your favorite.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mixed chopped fresh herbs, zi used basil, parsley and chives.
Pepperoni stuffed chicken is an easy way to transform boring chicken breasts into something your family will ask for again and again! I stuffed these chicken breasts full of pepperoni and mozzarella, which can be a little heavy, so I went for a smaller serving size. You can stuff chicken breasts with several different ingredients and you can't really go wrong with pepperoni and cheese. These chicken breasts are stuffed with sliced pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts instructions
- Pound chicken into 6- 1/4 inch thick cutlets. Sprinkle with pepper and sriracha seasoning.
- Cover cheese with pepperoni slices.
- Lay slices of provolone cheese on each chicken cutlet.
- Fold over both sides and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine on a plate , flour, romano cheese, italian seasoning, the teaspoon of sriracha and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, mix well.
- Roll each chicken roll in flour mix to dry and lightly coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, brown chicken rolls on all sides.
- Cover skillet and cook on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, keeping covered and not adding any liquid.
- Remove chicken to serving plate, add chicken broth to skillet chicken was cooked in, scraping up all cheese and brown bits and whisking them into the broth.
- , Add about 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce, recipe attached below, to broth and simmer until hot and well mixed, stir in fresh herbs https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366612-simple-basic-marinara-sauce.
- Serve Chicken with sauce, remove toothpicks before serving. Serve with pasta or crusty bread..
They are also coated with flour and Italian breadcrumbs. Tender grilled Chicken breasts stuffed with sautéed bell peppers, onion and cheese. Tuck the cheese and pepperoni roll in the top of the slit and roll it in half. Herbed chicken breasts are topped with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices then baked into this quick and easy dish. Cook's Notes: Use any blend of Italian shredded cheeses instead of mozzarella if preferred.