Chicken thighs with chickpeas. The chickpeas provide enough starch for the chicken, so there's no need for rice or potatoes. The dish does need a splash of green, which is ably accomplished Place the chicken thighs in the bowl and toss to coat completely with the spices. Toss the vegetables and chickpeas with olive oil and salt then evenly layer the mixture across the sheet pan.
Don't automatically turn to chicken breasts over other parts of the bird. Chicken thighs are fantastically tasty too, and because they are richer and more robust, they can stand up to punchy flavours better. Season the chicken with salt and pepper the brown well on both sides; transfer to a plate. You can cook Chicken thighs with chickpeas using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken thighs with chickpeas
- Prepare 1 pound of bone-in skin-on chicken thighs.
- You need 2 tablespoons of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas drained.
- Prepare 0.5 of onions sliced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with cooked rice. Mix the basil into the chickpea salad, then pour in three-quarters of the dressing. Slice the chicken into chunky slices and place on top of the salad. Looking for an easy chicken dinner ideas?
Chicken thighs with chickpeas step by step
- Onions + red wine vinegar + lemon juice. Let it rest..
- Chicken + 1 tablespoon salt + pepper..
- Heat oil in an oven safe skillet and add the chicken skin side down. Fry on medium flame for 10 mins. We are looking for crispy golden brown skin. Flip and let the other side fry for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan..
- Fry the onions in the same skillet and add the remaining salt. After 2 minutes add the chickpeas. Fry for 5 minutes..
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Layer everything in 1 layer. Bake in the oven at 425F for 15 minutes..
This Crispy Chicken Thighs with Smoky Chickpeas skillet recipe from CountryLiving.com is the best. Stir in tomatoes and chickpeas, and bring to a simmer. For this quick-cooking braise, we first browned meaty bone-in chicken thighs to build a base of flavor. Next, we layered in aromatics like sweet fennel, garlic, lemon zest, and citrusy coriander to keep the flavor bright and complex. Remember the crispy skin of a chicken thigh?