You can have Apple Turnover using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Turnover
- Prepare 1 batch of homemade/store bought puff pastry.
- You need 4-5 of small apples, peeled, cored, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbs of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk, lightly beaten.
Apple Turnover instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Add the apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, sugar, butter and salt to a saute pan, and cook over medium heat until the apples soften and caramelize. Stir frequently..
- Remove the apples from the heat and let cool to room temperature..
- Take the puff pastry out from the fridge..
- Sprinkle the work surface and puff pastry with flour. Roll out the dough into a 12-inch square. Use flour to prevent sticking. Cut the dough into four equal squares..
- Divide the apple mixture into 4 piles in the corners of the dough, but leave about 3/4" of border. Fold the edges of the dough over each of the apple piles. You will have 4 triangular pies..
- Crimp tightly along the edges with a fork to seal..
- Move the pies to the baking sheet. Brush each pie generously with the beaten egg yolk..
- Bake the pies for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy..
- Flaky, buttery and sweet..