Peach Whiskey BBQ chicken thighs (Ree Drummond's recipe). Roasted Chicken Chicken Recipes Poultry Roasting Whiskey Recipes Fruit Peach Recipes Main Dish. In my next cookbook-the one I've been working on and am almost finished with and can no longer button my jeans because of-I have a delightful barbecue chicken recipe that's chock full of fresh peaches. Best-selling cookbook author uses peaches, whiskey on her BBQ chicken thighs.
The recipe is a Yummly original created by Edwina Clark. Food Network host Ree Drummond's Peach-Whiskey BBQ Chicken is full of flavor, with a kick. Serve it over a big plate of grits at your next backyard barbeque or family gathering, and be prepared to have guests coming back for more! You can have Peach Whiskey BBQ chicken thighs (Ree Drummond's recipe) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peach Whiskey BBQ chicken thighs (Ree Drummond's recipe)
- Prepare 10 of chicken thighs, bone in, skin on.
- Prepare 2 T. of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 T. of Butter.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 c. of Whiskey.
- You need 16 oz. of BBQ sauce.
- It’s 16 oz. of Jar peach preserves.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of Water.
- You need 2 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Green onions, garnish-finish.
This crispy oven bbq chicken recipe uses only TWO INGREDIENTS – barbecue sauce and chicken (plus a little Bone-in, skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks are the best for juicy chicken every time. Recipe and basting technique adapted from Ree Drummond's Oven BBQ chicken recipe. BBQ Whiskey Chicken Thighs. by: bethmichelle. Add bbq/whiskey mixture to chicken thighs and stir to coat.
Peach Whiskey BBQ chicken thighs (Ree Drummond's recipe) instructions
- Brown thighs in skillet on both sides in the oil and butter. Don't crowd the pan. Do it in stages. Remove thighs to 10 x 15 lasagna pan. (My 9 x 13 Pyrex was not large enough.).
- Once all chicken is seared and in the roasting pan, drain about half the fat out of the skillet and return to the heat. Cook your onions 2 minutes or so, to soften them a bit..
- Add whiskey to onions. Be careful if you use gas stove. Alcohol is highly flammable. Simmer to let the alcohol burn off and it will reduce just a bit..
- While that simmers, mix together the remaining ingredients (except green onion). Stir that sauce, preserve, garlic, and water mixture into your boozey onions..
- Once incorporated, dump this onion sauce on top of your chicken thighs in your roasting pan. (I first tried to fit them in my Pyrex. Took the picture, then changed everything into a bigger pan. Better safe, than sorry.).
- Cook at 300 degrees for one and a half hours. Serve with a ladle of sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with green onions. (If you remember them…which, of course, I never do.).
This BBQ chicken recipe is so delicious that it'll make you king or queen of every potluck, Sunday dinner, and chicken competition. Place the skin back on the thighs. Ree Drummond uses this simple cooking technique too speed up the time it takes to roast a chicken. Carve off the wings, the leg and thigh sections, and the two breast halves. Make this oven-roasted BBQ chicken the BBQ chicken you eat weekday to weekend and all year long.