Chickpea flat bread. Get Bread Chickpea today with Drive Up, Pick Up or Same Day Delivery. That's all you need to whip up a simple, savory and delicious flatbread. This bread is known as Socca, in the south of France.
Traditional French socca is very thin and crisp, more like a pancake or crepe, and best eaten hot and fresh. Spiced Chickpea Flat Bread is always served in all Indian weddings to accompany curries. However, this bread has so much flavor, you will enjoy it alone or with just some melted butter or pickle on the side. You can have Chickpea flat bread using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea flat bread
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chickpea flour (also known as gram flour, besan, or kabab.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- It’s of Spray oil to coat the pan.
Even though this flat bread is specialty of North Indian State – Punjab, it is popular all over the India. Chickpea flour or garbanzo bean flour is the main ingredient in socca. Chickpea flour is now easily available in grocery stores, or you can buy it online on amazon; Salt, herbs and pepper flakes add flavor. You can change up the herbs and spices for variation. a tsp of oil is added to the batter for crispier result.
Chickpea flat bread instructions
- In a medium bowl combine the chickpea flour, water, salt, pepper and olive oil. Whisk with a fork until a medium thick batter forms. You don't want it to be too watery, but it shouldn't be too thick either. Depending on your brand of chickpea flour you may have to adjust and add in more water, but do so one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached..
- Lightly spray the pan with oil and allow to heat on a medium flame before adding in half the batter. Swirl it around slightly to spread and cook on low heat until the edges start to brown and the top has firmed up, roughly 3 minutes. Flip over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the remainder of the batter..
- Tip: These are meal prep friendly – you can definitely double or triple the batch and make extra to freeze and use later as you would normal flatbread throughout the week. They re-heat brilliantly. Adding a pinch of herbs de provence (or whatever herbs you like) is a great way to spice up the base. You can make this without the added oil in the batter if you so wish, but definitely make sure you’re using a non-stick or ceramic pan otherwise things will get a bit messy!.
First, prepare to be blown away in a few hours, as this recipe calls for the mixed batter to sit a little while. Put the chickpea flour in a bowl and add enough water to make a thin pancake batter, whisking well as you go. For the flatbreads, place the flour in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Chickpea Flour Flatbread Recipe This flatbread is delish solo but there are some dipping options if you're down for that! Whisk together the water, chickpea flour, oil, and salt in a bowl until all the clumps are gone.