Chicken Resha kebab with split chickpeas (chana dal) #cookpad #mycookbook. Chana Dal are brown chickpeas that have been split and skinned/polished. They have the same earthy nutty flavor profile as brown chickpeas(which Chana Dal has a great texture and flavor and is available online at Bob's Red mill or anywhere where you can find bob's red mill legumes or amazon. Chick Peas are also very high in dietary fiber and hence a healthy source of carbohydrates for persons with insulin sensitivity or diabetes.
Chana dal, or split chickpeas, is a dried, split pulse that plays an important part in South Asian cuisine. It is made by removing the outer layer of black chickpeas and then splitting the kernel. It is often used as the main ingredient in South Asian daal. You can cook Chicken Resha kebab with split chickpeas (chana dal) #cookpad #mycookbook using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Resha kebab with split chickpeas (chana dal) #cookpad #mycookbook
- It’s 1 cup of split chickpeas.
- It’s of Boil with(7 Kashmiri red chilli, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 6 black pepper.
- Prepare 2 stick of cinnamon (small) 4 cloves,3 cardamom, 1 black cardamom, 1 onion, 3 cloves garlic, 1/2 inch ginger sliced and 1 tbsn salt).
- It’s 1/2 kg of chicken, 1 egg, 1 small onion chopped, 2 green chillies chopped, 1 cup coriander leaves and mint leaves and a pinch of salt(check seasoning).
Chana Dal are dried brown chickpeas that have been split and skinned. It is also called Split Chickpeas or Bengal Gram. These wonderful little beans pack a powerhouse of nutrients as well as protein into the dish. Chana Dal is also rich in fiber, and has a low glycemic index.
Chicken Resha kebab with split chickpeas (chana dal) #cookpad #mycookbook step by step
- Boil the lentils with 1 cup of water with the pic 2..ingredient and ginger,garlic,salt..boil till lentils are half done.
- Now add the chicken with little water and cook till both done…make sure u dry up all the liquid on high flame.pic3.
- Now remove some chicken pieces to shred while rest will grind all together in fine paste…(remove big chunks of garam masala n grind separately)now add the shredded chicken n mix altogether n now add 1 egg with little salt n mix well.
- Now add the onion,coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies and mix well.make small patties(14)and shallow fry them..
- Serve hot with green chutney/sauce and ur favourite salad n enjoy😊.
Chana dal comes from black chickpeas (kala chana). They are split and the outer cover is removed. These lentils are also powdered to give besan or gram flour. But most of the times I make this simple chana dal fry. The chana dal is best served with steamed basmati rice or jeera rice and a side raita.