Chickpea and sweet potato curry. Sweet potatoes are something I crave especially when the weather cools off, and this sweet potato chickpea curry recipe is a new favorite way to enjoy them. I could eat this every day and be a very happy camper. This chickpea coconut curry is an easy curry that's healthy, made in one skillet.
You could add chopped Finely chop the chilli, then peel and finely grate the ginger. Pick the coriander leaves and finely slice the stalks. This quick and easy sweet potato and chickpea curry is perfect for anyone on a budget and suitable for vegans too. You can cook Chickpea and sweet potato curry using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea and sweet potato curry
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas drained.
- Prepare 2 cups of sweet potato small diced.
- Prepare 14 oz of petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s Bunch of cilantro chopped.
- You need of Large onion fine diced.
- You need of red chiles seeded and minced (2 for mild 4 for hot).
- Prepare 3 of large garlic minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare of Dry seasonings..
- It’s 2 tbsp of yellow curry powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of all spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s of Kosher salt.
It's really tasty but simple to make. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Season the curry with salt and pepper. Sweet potato and chickpea curry from the oh she glows cookbook.
Chickpea and sweet potato curry instructions
- Add oil until hot and then the onions and chiles and sauté for about 5 minutes, add the garlic until fragrant.
- Add all the seasonings plus salt to taste and toast for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chickpeas and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes followed by the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil and reduce to medium and simmer partially covered for 15 minutes and then open for another 10 and check for seasoning and consistency and adjust accordingly (take the lid off and reduce more if it needs to be thicker).
- Stir through the cilantro and and serve over rice and top with green onions.
For this post, due to my curry addiction, I naturally chose this curry recipe from the book. This Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry was so delicious and comforting. Add sweet potatoes and stir until well covered in spices. Cook the vegetables Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, coconut milk and water to the pan. Raise the heat to medium-high, bring just to a boil, reduce If you prefer a spicier curry, just add two jalapenos instead of one.