Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup. Get Access To Daily Recipes, Tips, Product Recommendations & So Much More! Get Inspired On Our Official Website Today! In a medium soup pot, over medium high heat, add the olive oil.
When the foam subsides, add the chopped onions, carrots and celery and cook, stirring almost constantly. Using same spoon, transfer carrots and onion to a blender or food processor. Boil the beans till done. rinse Add chopped ham and veggis to enough water to cover and boil till veggis are tender. You can have Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup
- Prepare 4 leaves of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rendered pork fat pieces caramelized.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of diced smoked ham.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 6 cups of water.
- You need 6 cups of water for soaking.
- You need 12 ounces of dried Garbanzo beans.
- You need 2 tablespoons of saffron flowers not the stems.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 of large limes.
Cook orzo according to package directions. Put dried garbanzo beans in a pot with bay leaf, pepper corns, all spice, thyme, smashed garlic cloves and one teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce and boil for an hour or until beans are tender. Fry until crisp, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and reserve.
Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup instructions
- Render the fat from some pork pieces pour the drippings aside for another recipe..
- Wash and look over the beans boil in 6 cups of water for 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat and soak for an hour. Drain..
- Add 6 cups of water to the beans with the caramelized pork fat pieces some of this has a lot of meat on it. Bring to a boil in the same pot you rendered the pork fat it should have pork bits in bottom. Deglaze with the water..
- Bring to a boil add the bay leaves, parsley, cilantro, onions, saffron flowers, and ham. When it boil turn on low cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the salt, white pepper powder, and ground cumin. Cover and simmer longer..
- After 1 hour add the juices of 1 lime.
- Add soup to a bowl, slice the second lime for a good squeeze of juice. I hope you enjoy!!.
To the same Dutch oven, add the onion, garlic, and carrot. Add green beans, tomatoes, chicken stock, garbanzo beans, basil, oregano, rosemary, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine ingredients and bring to a boil. Ladle into soup bowls, garnish with a dollop of pesto, and serve immediately To the tasty ham broth and diced ham I like to add a bunch of vegetables starting with some classic soup vegetables including onions, carrots and celery and from there I often add another green vegetable such as green beans or spinach to make it a bit healthier. Remove the ham bone and let cool enough to remove any ham clinging to the bone.