Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce – Mussakaa. Cover the bottom with thin layer of tomato sauce, and make a layer of half the eggplant. Eggplant, tomato and onion are layered and seasoned with a splash of balsamic vinegar before being topped off with bread crumbs. Eggplant and Tomato Casserole. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Cover the bottom with thin layer of tomato sauce, and make a layer of half the eggplant. The Best Vegetarian Chickpea Casserole Recipes on Yummly Spread chickpeas over eggplant; top with beaten eggs. You can have Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce – Mussakaa using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce – Mussakaa
- You need 3 of large eggplants, peeled and cut into long thick slices.
- Prepare 1 cup of canned chickpeas.
- You need 4 of large tomatoes, peeled and cut into slices.
- It’s 2 of large onions, cut into thin slices.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup water.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable oil, for frying.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Serve hot and garnish with a leaf or two of fresh basil. Baked Eggs with Spicy Tomato Sauce, Chickpeas, and Mozzarella. Hearty eggplant casserole can easily serve as a filling meatless entree. The combination of eggplant, tomato sauce, and melted cheese is wonderful.
Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce – Mussakaa step by step
- In a deep frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the eggplant slices until they turn golden. Remove and place on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- In a cooking pot, heat the olive oil and fry the onion slices until they turn golden and soft..
- Add the fried eggplants, chickpeas, tomato slices, chopped garlic, tomato paste and salt. Cover the pot and leave it to cook on medium heat for 15 min or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool. Adjust salt to taste..
- Best served cold..
The combination of deeply flavorful, roasted eggplant slices, tangy tomato sauce, and melted mozzarella combine to create a delicious, pizza-like. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Musaka'a (Palestinian Eggplant Baked With Tomatoes and Chickpeas. It's been passed through the generations and is now being made by my own great-granddaughters! It's a delightful side dish that we serve with a variety of main courses such as pasta with meatballs or baked.