Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry. Mix in the carrots, garlic, and onion. With garlic, cumin, turmeric, ginger, garam masala, coconut milk, and chickpeas. Just like Indian Chicken Curry this wonderful Dinner Recipe is easy to make and filled with wonderful spices.
Add onions and cook until browning on the edges. The chickpeas are optional but I like the substance and texture it adds to the dish. The heat of the curry is a personal preference so change the curry powder strength and amount as it suits you. You can have Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry
- You need 1 Lb. of Chicken Thighs, Trimmed And Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoon- Salt -First.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Curry Powder -First.
- You need 3 tablespoon of Oil- First.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Oil- Second.
- You need 1/2 of Onion, Chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of Red Bell Pepper – Diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of Green Bell Pepper Diced.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato -Diced.
- You need 1 of Jalapeno-Diced (If you want more spice add the seeds:).
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped- Fine.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of Garam Masala.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of Salt- Second.
- You need 1-1 1/2 teaspoon of Curry Powder- Second.
- It’s 1/2-1 teaspoon of Chili Powder.
- You need 14 of -Oz. Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 6 of -Oz. Tomato Paste.
- You need 16 of -Oz. Chickpeas, Drained And Rinsed.
- It’s 1 cup of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1/3 C. of Chopped Fresh Cilantro – Lightly Chopped Just Before Adding Them- No Stems.
- You need 2 C. of Cooked Rice, For Serving.
The coconut milk does tone the heat down a bit and the quantities below delivered a mild curry. Add extra chilli to suit your palate. Add drained chickpeas to the sauteed onion mixture and stir until well coated with the spices. Coconut milk makes this a luscious coconut curry.
Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry step by step
- 1. Mix the cornstarch the first salt and first curry powder together and lightly coat the diced chicken. Shake off the excess coating..
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 3 tablespoon oil. Add the diced chicken thighs cook until lightly browned about 3 minutes per side, then remove chicken from pan and set aside..
- 3. In the same pan Add remaining tablespoon oil, onion, red bell peppers, green bell peppers,tomato, jalapeno and garlic. Cook until they are soft, about 4 minutes.
- 4. Stir in Garam masala, the second salt, the second curry powder, and chili powder, then add coconut milk, tomato paste,chickpeas and chicken stock. Add the chicken back in and stir until combined and bring to a simmer for about 8-10 minutes..
- 6. Sprinkle in the lightly chopped cilantro just before service with rice..
- Note this did not come out spicy hot so if you like fire then feel free to bump it up. This tastes really good!.
A few months ago I made Sweet Potato and Chickpea Coconut Curry and since then have fallen in love with all things Thai curry. This coconut curry chicken can be made in one pot and is packed with delicious flavors! Pair this coconut curry with rice and/or naan bread. A side of roasted carrots or roasted sweet potatoes would also pair nicely. When you're not sure what to make for dinner, this creamy coconut curry chicken always.