Chickpea Curry. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io Made with convenient canned beans, this quick and healthy Indian recipe is an authentic chickpea curry that you can make in minutes. If you want an additional vegetable, stir in some roasted cauliflower florets. Serve with brown basmati rice or warm naan.
These are the ingredients you'll need to make this chickpea curry recipe: Extra virgin olive oil – This ingredient is optional (you can replace it with some water or vegetable stock). I'm Spanish, so I use extra virgin olive oil to cook most of my dishes. However, any type of oil is okay. You can cook Chickpea Curry using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea Curry
- You need 2 teaspoons of concentrated tomato puree.
- You need 2 teaspoons of turmeric.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 5 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- You need 4 teaspoons of ground coriander.
- Prepare to taste of chili flakes.
- It’s 9 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 of medium onions.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 cans of chickpeas (400g each).
Why it's the best chickpea curry recipe. This chickpea curry is made for weeknights. At the same time, there are no shortcuts. You'll saute real onion, garlic and fresh ginger, then add tomatoes, chickpeas and coconut milk to make a thick sauce.
Chickpea Curry step by step
- Mince onions fine in food processor.
- Heat the oil over a highish heat and add the onions..
- Stir fry for a few minutes then add the chillies and fry for a few more minutes..
- Mince garlic and ginger in food processor and add to the onions, reduce heat to medium, stir for a few minutes..
- Add the cumin, coriander, and turmeric and leave to fry over a low heat for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add about 10 fl.oz. hot water, the tomato puree and the salt and leave to simmer for a minimum of 30 minutes (can also be an hour or more for very smooth curry). Add water if the curry becomes too dry, but avoid adding too much liquid – in the end the curry should be a paste with very little liquid..
- Rinse chickpeas and add, let them cook in the curry for another 5-10 minutes..
We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. Hiya, is 'creamed coconut' the same as 'coconut cream'? lulu_grimes. Pour in the vegetable stock and stir to scrape up all the brown bits in the pan. Add the chickpeas, coconut milk, honey and a squirt of.