Spicy Chickpea and Mushroom Loaf (vegan). Chickpea Veggie Loaf with spices and a spicy bbq glaze. Chickpea Cannellini bean Veggie Vegan "Meatloaf" for Thanksgiving and the holidays. Pulse the chickpeas and beans, add spices, shape and bake.
Unlike Paula Deen's Aunt Peggy, my. Spiced Chickpeas with Mushroom and Garlic. These spiced chickpeas with mushroom and garlic work well as a healthy salad topper but they're also outstanding as a delicious side dish. You can have Spicy Chickpea and Mushroom Loaf (vegan) using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Chickpea and Mushroom Loaf (vegan)
- You need 1 of large brown onion.
- Prepare 4-5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 10-15 of large button mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 3 of oven roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 5-10 of birds eye chilli to taste..
- Prepare 2-3 sheets of vegan puff pastry.
- Prepare to taste of lime juice.
- Prepare of coconut oil for the pot.
I make this super simple vegan Chickpea, Spinach and Mushroom Sauté once or twice a week for my husband. The seared mushrooms, seasoned with garlic and spices, taste almost meaty when combined with the nutty chickpeas and steamed spinach. Bright, tangy, spicy and slightly sweet. Try this chickpea-based vegan loaf as a delicious plant-based meal for Meatless Monday!
Spicy Chickpea and Mushroom Loaf (vegan) step by step
- Blend onions, garlic, carrot, celery, tomatoes, chillies, mushrooms, and chickpeas SEPARATELY. Be sure to leave some chunky bits for texture. You don't want a puree..
- Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat..
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and sauté on a low heat until almost translucent..
- Add carrot and celery to the onions and garlic. Stir occasionally until tender..
- Add tomatoes and chilli to the pot and stir through..
- Add mushrooms and mix until they are visibly softening, then lime juice to taste. I use about 2 tbspn..
- Add chickpeas and cook on a medium high heat for 10 – 15 minutes stiring regularly. You are looking to acheive a thick consistency..
- Allow to cool and then transfer into a clean, freezer safe container. Put into the fridge overnight to allow flavours to develop..
- Take a sheet of puff pastry and lay on a cutting mat. Build 1/3 – 1/2 of the mix along one edge of the pastry and roll to make a loaf. If you have some extra pastry you can trim it to make patterns on top. Place two or three steam scores in the top of the pastry. Repeat until you've used all the mix..
- Line and grease a pan with a little coconut oil. Bake in a 180 – 200°c oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown..
- Can also be made in a sausage roll or canapé style by rolling smaller quantities. Be sure to knife press where divisions should be made before cooking to avoid excess pastry crumble..
I think next time I will add a few mushrooms to make it more moist. Maybe I just cooked it a little too long. This vegan loaf has the meatloaf flavors, but is so much better. It's packed with veggies that add a ton of flavor and texture, and bulked up with protein and fiber rich lentils. This easy veggie filled vegetarian and vegan lentil loaf is even better than the classic meatloaf!