Chickpeas Curry. EASY coconut curry with chickpeas and Indian spices. Naturally vegan + gluten-free; add vegetables like cauliflower or sweet potato. This Chickpea Curry is quickly becoming one of my favorite meals.
Health Benefits of this Chickpea Curry. Chickpea curry, one of my all-time favorite chickpea recipes. A great tasting curry from scratch will always call for a fair few spices. You can cook Chickpeas Curry using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpeas Curry
- You need 300 grams of Chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato.
- You need 2 of Green Chillies.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 200 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- It’s 1 stick of Curry Leaves.
- You need 2 stick of Coriander Leaves.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Hot Water.
However, the really nice thing about this curry recipe is that all the spices are ones you can. Chickpeas – chickpeas are the star here. This chickpea curry takes only a few steps. First, you sauté the onion and the tomatoes together.
Chickpeas Curry instructions
- Soak the chickpeas in water for at least six hours prior to cooking. Cook the chickpeas well..
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds. After one minute, add the chopped onion. Saute..
- When the onion starts to become translucent, add the curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste & green chillies. Cook till onion turns brown..
- Grind or chop the tomato into small pieces & add it to the pan. When it's cooked, add all the powders, garam masala & salt. Add little hot water..
- Chop the coriander leaves & add it. Stir well. Now add the cooked chickpeas & mix..
- Add milk. Stir occasionally till gravy thickens..
These super fast Curried Chickpeas with spinach are packed with flavor and nutrients, vegan, gluten-free, and filling! Here's how to make Chickpea Curry, one of my favorite pantry dishes of all time. Keep sauteing the onions as they become coated in the curry powder. The beautiful flavor of the curry will be released. Vegan, healthy and cheap: this tasty chickpea curry is perfect for a weekday dinner.