Penne with Spinach, Chickpeas and Paprika. Spinach with chickpeas is a traditional Spanish recipe. Everybody loves it, even those who hate veggies, especially if you use finely chopped fresh spinach. Add chickpeas and paprika and stir to coat.
Both chickpeas and spinach are good sources of calcium and iron, plus chickpeas are also rich in protein, which most meat eaters are so PS: If you make this Spanish chickpea and spinach stew, don't forget to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen and use the #lazycatkitchen hashtag. Cook the onion and garlic in oil until softened, along with the cumin and paprika. Then lower the heat, add in the wet spinach, place the lid on the. You can cook Penne with Spinach, Chickpeas and Paprika using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Penne with Spinach, Chickpeas and Paprika
- You need 16 oz of mezze penne.
- It’s 9 clove of garlic, diced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/3 lb of mushrooms.
- It’s 6 piece of bacon.
- It’s 12 oz of spinach.
- You need 1 can of chickpeas.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cooking liquid from chickpeas or pasta.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
I can't be alone in this life. Sam and Sam Clark use it to marry chickpeas and spinach, but it could just as easily be lentils and mushrooms, roast chicken and leeks, broccoli rabe and penne. Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add half the olive oil. Rinse the chickpeas and transfer to a large saucepan.
Penne with Spinach, Chickpeas and Paprika step by step
- Boil water, cook pasta till al dente. Drain. I fried my bacon and then sautéed the mushrooms separately. Chop bacon into bits and set aside with mushrooms to add to mix..
- While pasta is cooking sauté garlic in olive oil. (You can cook your mushrooms at this point with the garlic if you prefer) Before the garlic browns add the bacon, chickpeas, mushrooms and cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Add the spinach in batches to wilt which should happen quickly. Then add the pasta with cooking liquid, toss quickly so pan doesn't dry..
- Serve with grated cheese..
Add a large pinch of salt and enough water to cover them by several inches. Bring to a boil, skim the surface thoroughly, and lower. This Spanish-inspired chickpea stew gets deep flavor from fire-roasted tomatoes and a good dose of smoked paprika and garlic. We found that bunch spinach became tender when wilted, but baby spinach turned mushy in the stew. Don't drain all three cans of chickpeas.