Chickpea Curry. EASY coconut curry with chickpeas and Indian spices. Our awesome vegan take on the insanely popular dish. But nothing is going to block out this vegan chickpea curry.
It's super fast and easy to make and incredibly delicious! Chickpea curry, one of my all-time favorite chickpea recipes. Chickpeas – chickpeas are the star here. You can have Chickpea Curry using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea Curry
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 4 of pepper corns.
- Prepare 2 of cardamom pods, lightly crushed in a mortar.
- It’s 3 of shallots, peeled and roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of thumb sized piece of ginger root, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 of chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 500 grams of canned chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 500 ml of water.
- It’s 2 can of chickpeas, drained (2×400g).
This chickpea curry takes only a few steps. First, you sauté the onion and the tomatoes together. This Chickpea curry is slightly adapted from a recipe by Imma from Immaculate Bites, an African-Caribbean And this Chana Aloo Curry (Chana = chickpeas, Aloo = potatoes), is one such example. Chickpea spinach curry is tastier and healthier than any take-away, at a fraction of the price, and is I love spicy curries, and especially chickpea ones.
Chickpea Curry instructions
- Heat some oil in a pan. When the oil gets hot, stir in cinnamon, cardamom and pepper corns.
- As soon as the spices start sizzling, add in the shallots. Fry for 1min on high heat.
- Then add ginger, garlic and the rest of the spices (turmeric, chili and garam masala). Shallots should be nicely browned.
- When garlic gets fragrant (30sec), add tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil, then add chickpeas.
- Cover and cook on low for 15-20min, season with salt and serve over rice or quinoa. Enjoy and be careful not to eat the pepper corns, cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods!.
If you prefer a milder curry simply tamp down the. Here's how to make Chickpea Curry, one of my favorite pantry dishes of all time. If you're a fan of Keep sauteing the onions as they become coated in the curry powder. Vegan chickpea curry provides a good amount of protein so great for veggie diets. Vegan, healthy and cheap: this tasty chickpea curry is perfect for a weekday dinner.