Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew. I have changed the name of this to "Spicy Chicken Soup". It was definitely not a stew but a delicious soup. Many agree the best green chiles are grown in the Hatch Valley in southern New Mexico, so it's great to make this delicious chicken stew in early fall when Though pork, beef or lamb are more traditional for green chile stew, this chicken version is a bit lighter, quicker to cook and still packs a punch.
Strain broth through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl; set aside. While it wasn't inedible, it certainly wasn't something I'd make for my family again. Too spicy and missing the wow factor I usually expect from BA dishes. You can have Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew
- You need of ● For The Proteins.
- It’s 2 Pounds of Hand Shredded Rotisserie Chicken.
- You need of ● For The Vegetables & Fluids.
- It’s 56 oz of Hot Hatch Green Chilies.
- It’s 3 of Or 4 Idaho Potatoes [cubed].
- You need 1 Can of ROTELL Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 Pound of Canned Tomatillos [hand crushed].
- It’s 1 Bunch of Cilantro Leaves [rough chopped].
- You need 3 of LG Jalapenos [deseeded – rough chopped].
- It’s 1 of Green Bell Pepper [deseeded – rough chopped].
- Prepare 2 of Sweet Spanish Onions [rough chopped].
- It’s 2 Cans of Chicken Broth [reserve 1 for finish to thin if needed].
- You need of ● For The Seasonings.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ground Cumin [divided].
- You need 1 tbsp of Green Chili Powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sea Salt [or to taste].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Epazote Herb.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed Mexican Oregano.
- You need of ● For The Slurry [to thicken soup into a stew].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Corn Starch.
- You need 2 tbsp of Water.
- It’s of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- Prepare of Warm Flour Tortillas.
- You need of Fresh Tortilla Chips.
- Prepare Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
It's loaded with I like to think of this warm & cozy chicken and hatch chile stew as the perfect rainy day meal! Normally I don't think of them as being very spicy (the canned ones are very mild) but the fresh ones were. I am definitely gonna try chili verde tonight. aka Colorado green chili, Chili Verde, green chile… Basically, type one into Google, and you'll get them all. When I asked Google for help explaining the difference, I just got more confused.
Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew instructions
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need..
- Rough chop your vegetables and herbs. Add 1 can chicken broth, green chilies and seasonings. Mix well and simmer all for 45 minutes..
- Or, feel free to cheat with preshreadded rotisserie chicken..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot..
- Add your potatoes and extra can of broth if needed. Simmer for 35 minutes..
- Create your slurry, if desired, to thicken. Make sure your pot is simmering on high. Slowly add a bit of your slurry and mix fast. Within a minute you'll know how thick she's become. Add more if you want her thicker..
- Serve with warm, fresh flour tortillas and tortilla chips..
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!.
Fortunately, I did learn a thing or two while making this super delicious Instant Pot Pork Green Chili Stew…and. This is one of my favorite gumbo recipes made extra spicy with shrimp, chicken, andouille and LOADS of flavor. You know I love my spicy cuisine. I've also brought in some collard greens, which is more typical of Green. This all happened since the Korean government (more specifically the National Institute of the Korean Language, 국립 국어원) has been Anyway, my spicy chicken stew recipe is really delicious.