Chile Mac and Cheese. What could make mac & cheese even better? Taking it on a southwestern spin with roasted green chiles, corn, and jack cheese! Here's my new favorite recipe for putting to good use garden or market green chiles—a green chile mac and cheese casserole, with corn.
They give this mac and cheese the perfect amount of spice, which I would classify as a "medium" on the mild-medium-hot scale of spiciness. If you can't get your hands on Hatch chiles, you can substitute another green chile, such as poblanos or Anaheims. Be prepared to want to eat this for breakfast. You can cook Chile Mac and Cheese using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chile Mac and Cheese
- You need of Elbow Macaroni.
- It’s of Colby Jack Cheese.
- It’s of Milk.
- You need of Flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Hatch Chili's (Roasted, Peeled, and Seeded).
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 Stick of Salted Butter.
Whether you want to make green chile mac and cheese for Cinco de Mayo or any other night, your entire family will love this twist on the classic baked Disclosure: I'm excited to partner with Old El Paso this year to bring you fresh and flavorful recipes like this Green Chile Mac and Cheese Recipe. Learn how to make Green Chile Mac and Cheese. Spicy Mac and Cheese with hatch chiles nestled throughout, then sprinkled with cool southwest toppings, is a calm-you-down and pick-me-up all rolled into one! I happened to have a stash of hatch chiles in my freezer at the time, so this green chile mac and cheese recipe came into existence.
Chile Mac and Cheese step by step
- Boil elbows until al dente.
- Put flour and butter in a pot and cook into a blonde roux.
- Add milk and cheese to roux add salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Then whisk until béchamel consistently and add chillies simmer on low for 5 min.
- Toss elbows in the cheese sauce then transfer into rectangular baking pan.
- Top with shredded Colby jack and seasoned Panko breadcrumbs..
- Bake 375 degrees for 20 min until golden brown.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving and Enjoy.
So to satisfy both of our cravings I made this creamy, cheesy, slightly spicy Green Chile Mac and Cheese. In case you haven't noticed Hatch green chile season is upon us and I can't get enough of them. If there's ever a question as to where I might be. Chili Mac and Cheese tastes like your favourite Chili – with the added cheesy goodness of Mac & Cheese! This is a from scratch recipe for hatch green Chile Mac and cheese !