Chile Relleno Bake. This Chili Rellenos Casserole is very easy to prepare and is loaded with flavor. Pour whipped eggs over mixture, and. Classic chiles rellenos are green chiles, blackened and outer skin removed, stuffed with either cheese or a pork sausage picadillo, dipped in batter, fried in oil, and often served with a thin tomato sauce.
Chiles rellenos, which translates to "stuffed chile," is one of Mexico's most beloved dishes. Place poblanos on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil until all sides of poblanos are charred, about two. This tried-and-true reader Chile Relleno Recipe is worth the effort. You can have Chile Relleno Bake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chile Relleno Bake
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 cup of Onion; chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic; crushed and minced.
- Prepare 2 can (4 oz) of each) Whole mild green chiles; drained and seeds removed.
- It’s 2 cup of Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese mixture; divided.
- It’s 4 of large Eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of All-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 dash of Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. The chile relleno is a dish in Mexican cuisine that originated in the city of Puebla. In Mexico, it consists of a stuffed, roasted, fresh poblano pepper. Chile Rellenos are one of my husband's all time favorite Mexican dishes.
Chile Relleno Bake instructions
- In large skillet, brown ground beef, breaking up meat as it cooks. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender. Drain well..
- Line 9×9 baking dish with half of the whole chiles; top with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese. Add browned meat mixture, then top with remaining chiles. Set aside..
- Beat together eggs and flour until smooth; add milk, salt, and Tabasco sauce. Pour egg mixture over casserole..
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 35-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean..
- Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving..
- Serve with rice, refried beans, and a salad, if desired..
And they have become a Christmas tradition for us thanks to some friends of ours who make some for us every year! I'm often asked to bring it to potlucks. —Maggie Owen, Oceanside, California. Chiles Rellenos REcipe Video – scroll down for the recipe card! I was talking to my friend Estrella the other day and remembering the first time we made chiles rellenos together with her mother, Adriana. Pour the tomato sauce over the cooked chile rellenos on the serving platter and serve.