Green Chile Steak Dunigan. Shake the hickory salt on both side of the steaks. The Culinistas & Lodge Cast Iron If you love a rare steak, knock off a couple minutes per side.
Caldillo is a spicy, hearty Mexican green chile steak soup perfect for cold weather warmth! Caldillo, or Mexican Green Chile Steak Soup is a hearty soup recipe. It's really more of a stew with hearty strips of London Broil, potatoes, and rich smoldering spices of cumin, chili powder and. You can have Green Chile Steak Dunigan using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Chile Steak Dunigan
- It’s 2 of NY steaks or any high quality steak for char broiling or grilling.
- Prepare 6 large of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh green chile or.
- It’s 8 oz of canned green chile.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of oregano, dry.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
Butterfried breast w/ whole bunch chiles, bacon & swiss cheese on grilled sour dough bread. Wish we never had, their so called award winning green chili chicken fried steak was nothing to brag about. Our food was cold and the flavor was just not. The signature dish of this historic restaurant – a seasoned Boston strip smothered with buttery mushrooms and a savory green chili salsa.
Green Chile Steak Dunigan instructions
- Steak Dunigan was created over 50 years ago by the Pink Adobe restaurant in Santa Fe New Mexico, where it's still being served.
- sauté onions in oil and butter, saute til clear, golden brown or darker however you like them, add the garlic about midway through once finished add the Green Chile ,oregano, salt & pepper cook till evenly hot then set aside while you prepare your steaks, any excess pan butter can be used over the potatoes & steak it picks up the flavors of the sauteed food.
- At the same time saute mushrooms with butter, set aside and keep warm.
- char broil steaks or cook on the grill season with salt & pepper or however you like, when done prepare your plates while the steaks are resting then plate the steaks and add toppings.
- cover steaks with onion chile topping, then top with mushrooms.
- serve with a salad, side of roasted, mashed, French fried or baked potato's, vegetables, and garlic bread.
- may also be used with chicken or pork.
- you love green Chile, feel free to add more ! if Chile's are to spicy you can use peppers and it's nice to mix the colors..
Red Chile Enchiladas with Chicken and Melted Cheese. Creamy Poblano Rajas, Greens and Chicken. Grilled Skirt Steak Tacos with Salsa de Molcajete. These are made with corn tortillas stuffed with roasted green chiles and jack cheese, then smothered with roasted tomatillo salsa verde. To make these green chile enchiladas of course you'll want to start with some good green chiles.