Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. One Of Our Favorite Mexican Dishes – Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Recipe!! Corn Tortillas Stuffed With Chicken, Cheese, Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, Sour Cream, And Green Chiles, Topped With More Sauce And Cheese! All Reviews for Quick and Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
Green Chile Enchiladas Recipe with tender chicken, tasty green sauce, cheese, and sour cream, gets baked in the oven until bubbly and golden Look no further than this recipe for Green Chicken Chile Enchiladas! While they don't necessarily look pretty, thanks in part to the green enchilada. If you haven't had these green chile chicken enchiladas, you are missing out! You can cook Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- It’s 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt, divided.
- You need 1 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and diced.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of reduced fat shredded Monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of plain non-fat Greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 (4 ounce) of cans diced green chilies, drained.
- Prepare 8 (7 inch) of whole wheat flour tortillas.
- Prepare of For serving: diced fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, as desired.
The quick and easy from-scratch cheesy, creamy white sauce takes And today is a screaming day. If you haven't made these creamy green chile chicken enchiladas, you have not lived. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are a classic American family favorite! How to Freeze Chicken Enchiladas: Chicken enchiladas can easily be frozen and reheated.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x 13 inch casserole dish with baking spray and set aside..
- If you chicken is not yet cooked: Place the chicken breast in a single layer in the bottom or a large pot. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt, then fill the pan with water, just until it comes 1 inch above the chicken. Bring the water and chicken to a boil over medium high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, then simmer just until the the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees F at its thickest part, about 10-14 minutes depending upon the size. Begin checking the chicken at the 8-minute mark so that it does not over cook. Remove the chicken from the liquid. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred..
- To make the enchiladas: heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan on medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and the onions become translucent, about 8-10 minutes..
- to the skillet, add the shredded chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool..
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese, Greek yogurt and green chilies. Once chicken and veggie mixture has cooled to nearly room temperature, add it to the bowl with the yogurt mixture and stir to coat evenly..
- To assemble the enchiladas: Fill each tortilla with a slightly heaping 1/2 cup of the chicken-yogurt mixture. Roll closed and placed in the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining enchiladas. Pour the green enchilada sauce over the top, cover the pan, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy..
It doesn't get any easier than these chicken enchiladas, they're creamy, cheesy and perfect! These green chile chicken enchiladas are creamy, cheesy and full of flavor! This recipe is absolutely to die for…better than a Mexican restaurant! Creamy green chile chicken enchiladas…cheesy, full of flavor and super satisfying! Believe me when I say these are SO GOOD!