Soaked Chive Parmesan Savory Spelt Scones. No yeast, no rise and better than a biscuit! Place scones on a large baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Brush with egg wash and in the oven they go! swiss, gruyere, parmesan or any other hard grated cheese would work.
Serve it all up with the lemon jam and dollop. The addition of onions gives these scones a nice bite. You can even stir in some basil or oregano if you like. —Jolie Stinson, Marion, Indiana. You can have Soaked Chive Parmesan Savory Spelt Scones using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soaked Chive Parmesan Savory Spelt Scones
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cup of Spelt flour.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of chopped Asian chives.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of freshly shredded aged Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Turbinado sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Celtic sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Can of Organic full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Organic apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of baking powder.
These scones turn out fluffy and light – the cheese and garlic combine to create a subtle, savory flavor that would be perfect for any brunch or other meal. Savory buttermilk scones made with goat cheese and chives. Ever wonder what the difference is between I set out to make a light, savory scone, and in the process learned that, at least here in America, what I was making would more normally be called a biscuit.. Chive added to parmesan and cheddar scones gives that extra oomph to the already flavourful savoury scones.
Soaked Chive Parmesan Savory Spelt Scones instructions
- Rinse and pad dry Asian chives. Chop then into small pieces about 1/16 inch in length..
- Grate 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl, including spelt flour, cheese, chives, salt, sugar, garlic powder and onion powder..
- Add vinegar into coconut milk. Mix well before pouring into the dry ingredients bowl..
- Gently mix together everything until all ingredients Incorporate well. Allow the dough to rest for 4 hours to overnight..
- Massage 2 Tsp of baking powder into the dough after it has been rest for 4 hours. A little flour may be added if it is too wet..
- Pre-heat oven to 425F and grease a baking pan with oil or butter. Shape your Scones into either wedge or round shape. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm..
Award winning scone maker Kevin of "Dart To Mouth Deli" Dartmouth uk shares his secrets. Lightly grease a large baking tray. In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. The Best Savory Scones Recipes on Yummly The old saying that all things are better with bacon is true.