Bacon Chive Blue Cheese stuffed Pork Chops. This is an amazing recipe I made up to make something fancier from good ol' pork chops. To add another twist, add fresh chopped apples and pecans to the blue cheese mixture. Boneless pork chops are stuffed with bacon, Cheddar and barbecue sauce and browned in a skillet before finishing in the oven.
Use a sharp knife to cut a slit into each pork chop to make a pocket. (If you didn't purchase thick boneless chops this will be a bit more time consuming and require Stuff each pork chop with a ball of cheese filling and secure the opening with a toothpick. This is the pork chop recipe you want to make if you're looking to impress. Serve these bacon and blue cheese stuffed pork chops for a date night or any special occasion. You can have Bacon Chive Blue Cheese stuffed Pork Chops using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon Chive Blue Cheese stuffed Pork Chops
- Prepare 2 of boneless pork chops or pork ribeyes.
- You need 4 tbsp of crumbled blue cheese.
- It’s 2 of strips cooked crispy bacon, crumbled.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of salt and cracked pepper to taste.
Stuffing the chops looks like a cheffy pro move—that you've got skills and made the extra effort. But, between us, this step is. Learn how to prepare this Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops recipe like a pro. Bacon and blue cheese – what a savory pair!
Bacon Chive Blue Cheese stuffed Pork Chops step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a shallow baking dish..
- in a skillet, cooked bacon until crispy. set bacon aside to cool before crumbling. reserve skillet and drippings.
- In a small bowl, mix together the blue cheese, bacon, garlic and chives (and diced apple if you choose). Divide into halves, and pack each half into a loose ball. Place each one into a pocket of a butterflied pork chop, close, and secure with toothpicks. Season each chop with salt and pepper. Keep in mind that the blue cheese will be salty..
- reheat skillet with bacon drippings to high. sear both sides of the chops to create a carmelized color. about a minute on each side. place seared chopped in greased baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or it may take longer if your chops are thicker. Cook until the stuffing is hot, and chops are to your desired degree of doneness..
These hearty pork chops are so flavorful, they'll win over the most die-hard steak lover. Cheese, bacon, and pork are a great combination, and there's nothing better than stuffing it all together in a juicy pork chop. These cheese and bacon stuffed pork chops are delicious and are sure to impress the tastebuds, picky eaters, and dinner guests. Who can say no to crispy bacon. These stuffed pork chops are the perfect fusion of flavors.