Korean pancakes with chives and crown daisy. Korean Chive Pancake (Buchujeon) uses Garlic Chives and is one of those foods that may seem like there is not much difference between different recipes but just like how there can be big difference in taste and texture between a plain ol' breakfast pancake that you get from McDonalds and pancakes. Simple Korean savory pancakes made with buchu (garlic chives)! Learn how to make it two ways!
This particular Korean pancake (or jeon) is quite famous in Korea. However, I did make effort to avoid using too much flour. Often times, these pancakes are made with TOO MUCH flour/batter. You can cook Korean pancakes with chives and crown daisy using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Korean pancakes with chives and crown daisy
- You need 2 cup of crown daisy (just the leaves).
- It’s 1 cup of korean chives (quartered).
- Prepare 4 cup of flour (if you dont have korean pancake flour).
- You need 2 cup of cold water.
- You need 1 of salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 of pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of any oil you'd like.
It mask the true flavors of the ingredients. Try it this way with minimum batter and maximum crisp! Crown daisy, called "ssukgat" in Korean, is an edible chrysanthemum. It gives extra flavor to some dishes and soups, similar to the way some herbs are used in Western cuisine to add flavor.
Korean pancakes with chives and crown daisy step by step
- Wisk flour, COLD water (makes the pancake much crispier), salt and pepper.
- Mix in the crown daisy and chives (its also good with zucchini! ).
- Heat pan. Add in oil.
- Spread out the pancake mix thinly (thinner the crispier).
- I like to eat it with korean pepper paste sauce. Most people like soy sauce with red pepper flakes, sesame oil, scallions, minced garlic.
Crown daisy jeon is considered a healthy and tasty Korean pancake. Chili pepper, chives, eggs, flour, green chili pepper, green onion, salt, scallop, shrimp, vegetable oil, water, zucchini. Delicious and easy scallion & shrimp Korean pancake made with cake flour, dip crispy pancake in spicy soy sauce to enhance flavor. Scallions are important for this recipe, and you can easily make it into vegetarian by omitting prawns. Buchujeon (Korean Pancakes Made with Garlic Chives).