Baguette with Chevre Scrambled Eggs and Chives. This creamy scramble, punctuated with bits of chevre, turned out to be another excellent way to get my chive and eggs fix. I love chives with eggs, so of course this is one of my favorite breakfast sandwiches. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until frothy; season with salt and pepper.
Scrambled Eggs with Cheese – the chicken or the egg? To keep it brief, although some 'free-range' or 'organic' chickens live in better conditions than most, there are even deeper problems than the awful conditions of so many factory farms. The secret to moist scrambled eggs lies in gentle heat. You can have Baguette with Chevre Scrambled Eggs and Chives using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baguette with Chevre Scrambled Eggs and Chives
- You need 2 of 4-inch fresh baguettes.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of butter (plus more for buttering the bread).
- You need 2 tbsp of crumbled chevre (goat cheese).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of finely minced fresh chives.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 dash of pepper.
By starting eggs cooking in liquid, you slowly raise their temperature without overheating. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. While eggs are still slightly runny, remove from heat and stir in herbs. Sprinkle with flaky salt and serve, with baguette and chives.
Baguette with Chevre Scrambled Eggs and Chives instructions
- Slice each of the baguettes in half..
- Lightly toast and butter the baguettes and set aside..
- Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl with several pinches each of salt and pepper..
- Pour the eggs into a small nonstick frying pan that has not been heated yet..
- Add the butter in small chunks to the pan with the eggs and turn the heat to medium-low..
- Cook, stirring constantly in small, quick circles with a wooden spoon or spatula..
- At first as the eggs warmup and the butter slowly melts, it may not seem like your eggs are cooking at all. It may even seem like they're getting more liquid. This is fine. It means they're heating evenly so that they aren't sticking and cooking over-quickly on the bottom of the pan anywhere. Keep stirring!.
- Eventually, you'll see very small opaque clumps forming. Keep on stirring!.
- The eggs will thicken and become opaque all over and your spoon will start to leave a trail..
- As soon as the eggs look just a little bit less cooked than you would prefer (they should still be on the wet side) remove the pan from the heat..
- Off the heat, stir the chevre and chives into the eggs..
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to taste..
- Divide the eggs between the baguettes and serve..
All Reviews for Scrambled Eggs with Mixed Herbs. Add the crumbled goat's cheese and chopped chives, and more seasoning if desired (taste it first). Add the chives immediately and when the eggs are halfway done, add the smoked salmon and continue cooking until done to your. This recipe for Chinese scrambled eggs is made with Chinese garlic chives. These go very nicely with egg, but you can use regular chives as well.