Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut. Surround a pork loin roast with sauerkraut, apples, and onions, and pour a can of beer on top before roasting for hours. To serve, gently toss sauerkraut with apple and onion quarters and serve with. Pork and sauerkraut are meant for each other.
Searing the pork roast in butter creates a rich brown crust. Finish your pork roast with apples and sauerkraut for a warming fall meal. Sprinkle the pork roast with salt and pepper on all sides, then brown it on all sides in the hot skillet. You can cook Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut
- You need 1 lb of pork loin.
- You need 1 of apple.
- Prepare 1 of sweet onion.
- You need to taste of Caraway seeds.
- You need of Sage.
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Costco's Organic no-salt seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1-2 cups of Apple juice.
- It’s of Organic yellow mustard.
- Prepare of Your favorite saurkraut.
- You need of Homemade or favorite apple sauce.
When the roast has been evenly browned, place it in a crock pot. In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, chopped onion, sliced apple, maple syrup, and brown sugar. So apples pair beautifully with pork and onions but, I add an apple to help curb the bitterness of the sauerkraut. Slow-cooker method: Cover the bottom of a slow cooker with the sauerkraut.
Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut step by step
- Coat the pork with a thin layer of mustard. Dust all sides with a 2:1 ratio of No-Salt seasoning and sage. Coat with another thin layer of mustard. Mix the salt, pepper, garlic and paprika together and dust all sides of the pork..
- Allow to rest on the counter and light the grill. Charcoal or wood fire is best but a gas grill is fine too. You're looking to sear the outside, build a light bark but mostly bring that flavor only being cooked on an open flame brings. Also preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a dutch oven on medium high with 2 tbsp oil. Chop the apple and onion, throw into the dutch oven along with the caraway seeds to soften. Keep an eye on the pork, turn to get all sides seared..
- When the pork is seared on all sides – still raw in the middle transfer to the dutch oven. Add the vinegar and enough apple juice to come up 1/25 to 1/3 of the way on the pork. Cover and bake for about an hour to hour and a half. You're looking for the pork to shred easily..
- While the pork is cooking mix equal parts of the saurkraut and applesauce in a bowl. Let sit at room temp until ready to serve..
- Once the pork is tender shred in the dutch oven mix with the juices, apple and onions. Serve and don't forget to spoon the applekraut on the side or over top..
Sprinkle with the brown sugar and caraway seeds. Place the pork on top and surround with the apple mixture. Roast Pork Tenderloin with Apples, Red Potatoes, and Sauerkraut. Drain and set aside until cool In the casserole dish, scatter the potatoes and apples around the two tenderloins. Fill in the gaps with the sauerkraut.