Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate. Find Your New Favorite Wines Online Today. Great recipe for Salmon bellies braised in sweet soy and ginger. The high fat content in salmon belly makes it perfect for braising.
Flavor wise – Nana Lara's is the winner in our family. The rub makes a huge difference which encrusts the brisket and gives it a slightly more tender edge. The soy/pineapple combo brings a yummy flavor. You can have Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate
- Prepare 3 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 600 g of beef brisket.
- You need 1 of large white onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 cm slices.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks, chopped.
- Prepare 1 bottle (750 ml) of dry red wine.
- You need 3 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary, finely chopped.
- It’s 50 g of 70% dark chocolate.
Red wine has a way of making everything better. This delcious red wine braised brisket combines your classic aromatics (think thyme, bay leaves and onion) with the savory taste of a grass-fed brisket for an easy yet delightful dinner. Continue to sauté until the vegetables are browned. Next add the red wine, garlic cloves, and bay leaves.
Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate step by step
- Put a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the bacon and fry until crisp. Remove the bacon, but leave the bacon fat..
- Season the brisket well with salt and pepper, then brown it in the bacon fat for a few minutes on every side, until it's evenly browned..
- Sprinkle the onion, garlic, carrot and celery around the brisket and let cook a few minutes. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot, including beneath the beef and veg..
- Pour in the wine and beef stock. Add the bay leaf, star anise, a pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Bring to a simmer, then cover and turn the heat down to low. Let simmer 3 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender..
- Remove the meat from the pot. Fish out the bay leaf and star anise and turn the heat up to medium-high. Add the rosemary and chocolate. Let the sauce simmer until reduced by about half. Using two forks, pull the brisket apart into chunks, then add it back to the sauce. Add additional salt and pepper as needed. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it into the stew when serving..
Add the veal stock or beef broth and bring to a rolling boil. Pour the contents of the sauté pan over the brisket and cover tightly with foil. Cupcake ipsum dolor sit amet chocolate bar halvah carrot cake donut. Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake. Brownie muffin pastry cupcake cake dessert chocolate cake.