Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake. After boxed cakes, ice-cream cakes, a cake in a Darth Vader mold (that year, the party's theme was "May the Fours Be With You), this cake hit the spot and remains a favorite. It's a double-layer devil's-food cake made with cocoa and bittersweet chocolate, the same pair that makes the frosting so. If there's one thing I love about this blog, it's getting to play around with new recipes and Sugar used in chocolate cake recipe is powdered sugar/granulated sugar/caster sugar?
I make (and eat) chocolate cake with chocolate frosting at least five times a year (four kids, one husband) Easy Chocolate Frosting is the BEST frosting for cakes, especially birthday cupcakes!! I plan on making a three layer cake; should i double all the ingredients? Any help you can give will be. You can cook Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake
- Prepare 6 of large or jumbo eggs (8 regular).
- You need 1 cup of + 2 tablespoons sugar.
- It’s of Few drops of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need of Wax paper (optional, but helpful).
- Prepare 2 of 8×10 pans (can modify).
- You need 1-2 of milk chocolate frostings.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare of Sprinkles (optional).
This chocolate birthday cake recipe calls for dark chocolate in the ganache to balance out the sweetness of the Nutella. Rich chocolate layer cake filled with vanilla pudding then frosted with vanilla whipped cream. This low carb birthday cake features layers of moist chocolate cake filled with rich vanilla pastry cream. Both recipes are gluten-free and sugar free.
Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake instructions
- Please note that the pictures were taken while making half of this cake..
- Preheat oven to 350’F..
- Combine eggs, 1 cup sugar, and a few drops of vanilla extract. Whisk or beat on high for approximately 1-2 minutes or until fluffy..
- Add in 2 cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder. Slowly combine with spoon/spatula..
- Split mix into 2 8×10 pans with wax paper. Yes, it is very thin. Spread it out. :).
- Bake at 350’F for 7-10 minutes. You want the cake to be a little soft and spongy still. Immediately remove it from tray and let it cool for a few minutes..
- While baking, boil or microwave 1-2 cups of water and dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (proportionately 1 cup/1 tablespoon). Microwave or heat ~1/3-2/3 of frosting container in a separate bowl/mug for each layer of cake [amount depends on how much chocolate you want to add, and 1/2 vs full cake]. (See next steps below for more info)..
- Flip first cake over onto a plate/tray. [If making half of this in one pan, you can cut cake in half.].
- Ok- so here’s the unusual part… 🤷🏼♀️ Slowly pour 1/2 cup of hot sugar water on the first layer, soaking the cake completely. Next, pour your ~1/3-2/3 hot melted chocolate frosting on top. The goal is to allow the chocolate to seep into the cake..
- Once completed, repeat this process for each layer of cake placed on top. (I’m hesitant to do more than two total layers because it’s so saturated.) Place in refrigerator to cool..
- Once cool, use the remaining frosting to frost the cake. (You can trim cake first if you’d like.) Add sprinkles or decorations! Enjoy!.
Hi Nancy, you can try reducing the sugar in this cake batter but the results will be different. Rich & Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe. This cake will be delicious no matter how you choose to frost it. In a large bowl, place flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. This chocolate birthday cake is simple to make, tastes delicious and is perfect for decorating for a special celebration.