German Chocolate Cake. German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake from the United States filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. It owes its name to an English-American chocolate maker named Samuel German. A classic German Chocolate cake with tender German chocolate cake, coconut pecan filling and chocolate frosting!
According to my husband, this is the best German chocolate cake recipe in the whole world. Every bite has a light crunch from the pecans, a sweet taste of coconut and a drizzle of chocolate. I have long associated German Chocolate Cake with Father's Day, although I'm not entirely sure why. You can have German Chocolate Cake using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 2 Cups of All purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- You need 2 Cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- It’s 3 Teaspoons of Baking Soda.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Instant Coffee.
- You need 2/3 Cup of Canola.
- Prepare 3 of Large Eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Full Fat Sour cream.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Buttermilk.
- It’s 4 Teaspoons of vanilla Extract.
- You need 2/3 Cups of Hot water.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter.
- You need 1 Cup of od Brown Sugar.
- You need 4 of Eggs yolks.
- It’s 10 oz of Evaporated Milk.
- You need 2 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- You need 2 Cups of Sweetend Shredded Coconut.
- You need 1 Cup of chopped Pecans.
- It’s of Chocolate Butter Cream.
- It’s 4 Sticks of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 7 1/2 Cups of Confectioners Sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need 4 teaspoons of Vanilla.
I think I remember my mom making it for my dad once or twice growing up (although never on. Homemade German Chocolate Cake with layers of coconut pecan frosting and chocolate frosting. German chocolate cake, traditionally made with sweet baking chocolate, is known to be unapologetically decadent and indulgent. It's pretty sweet by itself, but when paired with coconut.
German Chocolate Cake step by step
- Mix all dry cake ingredients before adding the liquids. Add the liquids and beat with blender for 3 to 4 minutes..
- Grease (3) 9" round pans and add a piece of parchment paper to the bottom. Trace the pan on the parchment paper and cut inside the line about 1/4, place in pan and oil more on top of it..
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 23 to 27 mins, time will vary. Check with toothpick or fork in center to see if done..
- While cakes are baking, Mix the filling in a bowl. Chop your pecan with a knife and mix. Add to pan and cook on medium heat for 12 to 18 minutes sturning occasionally, the mix will thinken and caramelize when done..
- Take cakes out of the oven and let cool. Remove from pans and continue to let cool seperately, you will thank your self for the parchment paper inserts now..
- Chocolate butter cream, add soften butter and liquids and mix, then add in about a cup if dry mix as you go. You may need to add a splash of milk if to think. (I MADE THIS, AND WAS ALOT, I USED ABOUT 3/4 OF IT) you can save the rest if you have left overs..
- Layer the cake, add the mix onto the cake. I used an Ice cream scope and worked okay. Grt it on think and make level forcthe next level. Repeat and place the top cake on there. Leave about 1 scope or half cup for to topping..
- After the cake cools a bit more, add the chocolate buttercream all around, you have plenty to work with. Then add the remaining mix on top, sread out and add a little more chocolate buttercream to smooth out a circle around the mix. I put the cake in the fridge for 30 minutes after final assembly to harden the buttercream. Sit back out on the counter and get ready for the best German Chocolate Cake!… Have a glass of milk ready if you into this kinda thing..
Truly though, this easy German Chocolate Cake is one of those desserts that's so good it should become a tradition in your home for a yearly holiday like a birthday, Easter or Mother's Day. A German Chocolate Cake is an impressive looking cake. Three layers of moist chocolate cake that are stacked, one on top of another, with a sweet and gooey caramel flavored frosting. A traditional recipe and history for Classic German Chocolate Cake made with cocoa powder, coconut and pecans. The BEST German chocolate cake: This rich and tender German chocolate cake is slathered in a coconut pecan caramel frosting that's beyond addictive and.