Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If you like banana bread, you'll love these Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are a great way to use up overripe bananas and have a soft cake-like texture.
These banana cookies are adapted from my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I reduced the butter, added bananas, and increased the flour. Bananas contain so much moisture that more flour is needed to absorb it. You can have Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prepare 2 of Bananas.
- Prepare 2 cups of Flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Melted Butter.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chocolate Chips.
You're going to love the bold banana flavor, the chewy oats that add so much. I love making these banana chocolate chip cookies because they are easy to make and they are on the healthier side. I add chocolate chips because chocolate chips are always a good idea in cookies! These oatmeal banana cookies will remind you of banana bread, but in cookie form.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies step by step
- Squish bananas with a fork and add to a bowl. Mix in sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and salt..
- Add flour and baking soda and mix completely. Then mix in the chocolate chips..
- Portion cookies onto a cookie sheet..
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake for 10-15 minutes (until golden)..
These Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies are sure to become a new favorite – so soft and delicious, they're impossible to resist! The banana chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy, and the perfect spin on chocolate chip cookies. After extensive testing and a few of bunches of bananas later, I'm incredibly happy with this recipe. These banana chocolate chip cookies taste a lot like banana bread, but in a soft and slightly chewy cookie form. The great thing about these is that they use about half the butter of a traditional oatmeal cookie thanks to the banana.